Plex Installed on Freenas accessing network drive

Mannekino

Patron
:D

I managed to get it to work. The problem was with the setting server min protocol you can find this in /etc/local/smb4.conf. This was changed in FreeNAS 11.1-U6 you can find more information here including a permanent solution by adding a tuneable. Remember this has to be done on the FreeNAS server you're connecting to.

Is the share you want to access located on a FreeNAS server also or is it some other kind of server?

Here it is:
Code:
root@freenas[~]# mount_smbfs -I 192.168.178.10 //<user>@freeas-test/testing /mnt/testing/
Password:
root@freenas[~]# cd /mnt/testing
root@freenas[/mnt/testing]# ls -al
total 16
drwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  16384 Jan  1  1970 .
drwxr-xr-x  5 root  wheel    256 Feb 10 23:20 ..
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel      8 Feb 13 07:10 Test.txt

Also don't forget I had to enable a kernel module on the FreeNAS server I was connecting from for this to work:
Code:
kldload smbfs

Last edited:

canbonbon

Cadet
Hello JayM, were you able to figure out how to map your external NAS to freeNAS? I have been looking for this solution for over an year but I have still not been able to figure this out.

sretalla