Plex DVR and Comskip - 2019 thread

algreen82

Cadet
Hi, Starting this new thread as advised by @dlavigne as the previous thread has been quiet for over a year.

FreeNas 11.2-U3 set up and running fine with several jails (Plex Server, Home Assistant, Transmission) + Ubuntu VM for PiHole.

I've tried to follow @bollar instructions here to add ComSkip capabilities to my Plex DVR set-up.

Everything installs fine with the exception of Argtable, I get this error message: pkg: No packages available to install matching 'argtable' have been found in the repositories.

Having looked around on the web I can't seem to find a solution. Hope someone can point me in the right direction. You can probably tell, I'm pretty new to FreeNas and have only played with Linux a bit in the past, apologises if I'm asking a really basic question!

gt2416

Patron

algreen82

Cadet
Thank you for your feedback. I've just tried the command in a different Jail and it worked!

Before I start re-building my Plex Jail from scratch, any ideas about what I could have done to the original Plex Jail to break it?! Interestingly I have the same issue with Nano, it won't install in the Plex Jail but will in others. All other packages have installed fine!?!??

Mlovelace

Guru
Thank you for your feedback. I've just tried the command in a different Jail and it worked!

Before I start re-building my Plex Jail from scratch, any ideas about what I could have done to the original Plex Jail to break it?! Interestingly I have the same issue with Nano, it won't install in the Plex Jail but will in others. All other packages have installed fine!?!??
You could switch from the quarterly release to latest pkg depot.

Create a new config file for the latest pkg:
mkdir -p /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos
ee /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/FreeBSD.conf

Then paste the follow into the .conf file:
Code:
FreeBSD: {

url: "pkg+http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/${ABI}/latest"

}

Lastly, run pkg update -f && pkg upgrade -f