Plex won't install

muttley0013

Cadet
I did a fresh install of TrueNAS Core (TrueNAS-12.0-U8.1). However, when I try to install Plex via the plugins page and following the instructions from the online documentation page, I receive this message:

Error: plex had a failure Exception: RuntimeError Message: pkg error: - pkg-static: Repository iocage-plugins cannot be opened. 'pkg update' required pkg-static: No packages available to install matching 'pkg' have been found in the repositories Please check your network Partial plugin destroyed

There is one post from 2020 in the forum with is error message, but there are no replies.
I am new to TrueNAS and FreeBSD and have been following along with the instructions on the online documentation page. I'm not sure where to go from here.

I do see the error message says to check my network, but it works. I can successfully ping websites in the shell and I can access the shares I made from my laptop.

Attachments

• plex_install_error.png
    plex_install_error.png
    79.1 KB · Views: 219

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity

This is because upstream FreeBSD end-of-life'd all the 12.0, 12.1, and 12.2 packages. You'll need to upgrade to Core 13.0-U1.1, and recreate the Plex plugin. If upgrading isn't currently feasible for you, you can try @danb35's Plex script in a generic 12.3 jail. The 12.3 packages are still available from upstream FreeBSD.

Last edited: