Windows DVR and Plex server share

alanl96

Cadet
Hi everyone. I have been searching the forums to see if anyone can get Plex permissions to work for an external server. Most people seem to use a jail, that is a simple method. I set up my server using Proxmox with two VMs Plex and my Windows 10 DVR. I had my ZFS pool managed on the host system through two NFS shares. Windows writes to /movies/playon (to ensure family members can't delete plex files). Plex has a share in /movies /plex. I had a script that moved files from playon to plex and no_root_squash was enabled so Plex could change the owner of the file to plex. I created a TrueNAS Core VM and imported my pool. Plex can write to the share, but can't read the imported movies from my Windows 10 DVR. How can I get sudo privileges on the Plex VM to change file ownership? I an unable to watch my DVR recordings. Sorry, I really struggle with permissions. Thanks for your help!

My /etc/exports line for plex looked like this
movies/plex 192.168.0.2(rw,sync,no_subtree_check,no_root_squash)

I need to give the root user the ability to change permissions. Relatives use teamviewer to control the Windows 10 VM and record movies. The playon share is my way of keeping them out of my plex directory. I don't want anyone deleting my movies. I seriously doubt anyone will, but better safe than sorry.