SOLVED Please help me with Sickrage

TomasNZ78

Dabbler
Hi there. So i had my sickrage working in the past then the conflict between the guys who created it happen and my sickrage stopped after update last year.... old story right.... Unfortunatley despite reading multiple threads and posts on internet I couldn't find a comprehensive answer to how could I fix it.

Therefore could someone please give me a hand with getting Sickrage working again. I'm a noob in regards to freenas shell use but I can follow instructions well :) and I would appreciate if someone could write all the commands in a step by step instruction for me (and probably others) how to install a fresh either sickrage or sickchill on freenas 11.1 u7 please don't omit basic steps just write all that needs to be done.

This could be either completely from scratch or with the plugin installed using Freenas GUI.

Thank you!

TomasNZ78

Dabbler
Hi there. I have managed to fix my sikrage. Here is what I have done:

1. installed Sickrage plugin form Freenas GUI
2. went to the jail tab in GUI and run the sickrage jail shell
3. With the plugin turned off I run the following commands:

rm -r /usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage
fetch --no-verify-peer "https://github.com/SickChill/SickChill/archive/master.tar.gz"
tar -zxf master.tar.gz
mv SickChill-master /usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage
chown -R media:media /usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage
rm master.tar.gz

4. I turned on the plugin went to the sickrage (now shown as sickchill) GUI and updated it.
5. I have then restored my library from a backup I have done few months back (using the sickrage backup/restore) All went well.
6. last thing I needed to do was to install node.js as I was getting an error about it. To do this I went back to the jail shell (like in point 2) and run the following commands:
pkg install node
pkg install npm

After that the sickchill works perfectly. I hope this will be helpful to anyone in situation like me.