phpVirtualBox jail template for FreeNAS 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. Trying to determine if FreeNAS 11 supports the old phpVirtualBox jail template from 9.10, or if there are plans to support that jail template in the future.

I didn't see any mention if the template in the FreeNAS 11 release topic and haven't seen much mention of it recently other than it not being supported when Corral was released; so, maybe that template is no longer supported.

bhyve is supported in FreeNAS 11, right?

scrappy

Patron
I didn't see that in the list of iocage/iXsystems jail plugins on FN11.

And yes, Bhyve/iohyve are part of FreeNAS 11.

Artion

Patron
You can anyway dedicate a jail for it and install VirtualBox and phpVirtualbox by yourself, if you need it.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
You can anyway dedicate a jail for it and install VirtualBox and phpVirtualbox by yourself, if you need it.
Not without the needed kernel support in the main system which iX has no plans of including. Virtualbox is dead on FreeNAS and if you need VM's you should move to bhyve.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Support for VirtualBox was permanently dropped with the release of 9.10.2, which is probably why there's not much discussion of that change surrounding the release of 11.

danb35

Hall of Famer

Eric Schrauth

Dabbler
Sorry. New to the forums and still finding my way around. Also, pretty new to FreeNAS and still trying to get my head around the product. Thanks for the links pointing me to where I can find the info. I will use the search feature before I ask a question from now on.

Eric Schrauth

Dabbler
Wasn't the kernel put in again?

https://bugs.freenas.org/issues/23926 This Bug report suggests that. I'm also pretty sure that on my RC VM both modules were present.

Can someone with the latest Freenas 11 run
Code:
pkg info | grep virtual
Code:
[root@freenas ~]# pkg info | grep virtual									  
virtualbox-ose-kmod-5.1.6	  VirtualBox kernel module for FreeBSD			
vm-bhyve-1.1.5				 Management system for bhyve virtual machines	
zerotier-1.2.4				 Network virtualization everywhere				
[root@freenas ~]#

Status
Not open for further replies.