Permissions not persisting

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichTJ99

Patron
Thanks - I am having issues with my original data pool of 7tb, seems like funky permissions everywhere. I think it is easier to just make a new dataset, make the proper permissions & move the data over which should keep the new permissions.

One question though - when i goto the windows permissions of one of the folders & then choose "search", it brings up users from my last freenas install (same physcial hardware, same pools, new install on usb boot drives).

It has richtj999 & testuser as options but I did not add them to this freenas install. Does Freenas save user data within a data pool?

M H

Explorer
No, FreeNAS doesn't save user data within the pool as far as I'm aware. If you open your share and check "set default permissions," it will be like you created a new dataset.

I'm happy to report that almost a month after my ACL issues everything is working well. I do lose some users, or "Account Unknown" error, but a machine reboot usually takes care of it.

My last issue, is that I have no way to give multiple groups permissions via the Windows GUI. How do you add an actual "group?" FreeNAS is mapping my groups to users. So I can add them technically, but if I have a user and group of the same name, I am out of luck. Any ideas? I was trying to research how to add additional group membership via setfacl, but haven't figured it out yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.