Sabnzbd permission issues & Windows to Unix ACL migration issues

gannon

Cadet
Ok not 100% sure where to start or what information to include.

System used to work great with UNIX permissions until I had a random domain failure and had to recover from a backup. After that, I had to change the ACL to windows in order to get access to my files (which at the time I desperately needed so didn't investigate why that was). Hindsight, I wish I had because not I have permission issues with apps and I don't know how to fix them.

Fast forward to now, I have a Windows share, FreeNas is connected to my domain, and I have my account managing permissions for the share. Have it wide open, everyone RWX (in windows). Also have a NFS share to the same pool for some apps, Sabnzbd for instance. However no matter what permissions I set, Sabnzbd give me a "cannot change permission error". I assume this is due to the windows share... not sure how to get around this.

So I'm trying to get back to 100% Unix ACL. However when I do that, it give me an error saying that I cannot change permissions and it is denied. I saw the warning on going from Windows to Unix, so am I stuck with windows permissions now?

Sorry that I'm kind of all over the place, I just don't know where to go from here and this is driving me a bit mad.