Lost Read permission when changing to Windows ACL

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrtavpixel

Cadet
Every time I try to change type of ACL to Windows on one volume, I cannot connect to it any more. I've tried with admin account, as well as with root and added administrator, every time I am getting "You don't have permission to access" message. When I check permissions in freenas, option Read is not checked for all three account types and everything is greyed out.

The reason is that with Unix ACL there is no way to prevent users from deleting the files and folders....or there is?

Sorry, I am very new to freenas, I've tried to search the forums to see if anybody had the same problem, but unsuccessfully. Thanks in advance.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Every time I try to change type of ACL to Windows on one volume, I cannot connect to it any more. I've tried with admin account, as well as with root and added administrator, every time I am getting "You don't have permission to access" message. When I check permissions in freenas, option Read is not checked for all three account types and everything is greyed out.

The reason is that with Unix ACL there is no way to prevent users from deleting the files and folders....or there is?

Sorry, I am very new to freenas, I've tried to search the forums to see if anybody had the same problem, but unsuccessfully. Thanks in advance.

What version of FreeNAS? If it's 9.10, then you may need to go into your SMB share config and check "apply default permissions" after changing the ACL type. Once you do this, log out of your client system, log back in and try authenticating. Make sure that you use your "user principal name" UPN (if your freenas hostname / netbios name is "FREENAS" and user is "wilbur" then "FREENAS\wilbur" is your UPN in a windows client).

Status
Not open for further replies.