OwnCloud setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

zemun2

Explorer
Hi All,

Having issues with seting up owncloud. I have a folder that i use to store pictures (/mnt/RAID/RAID_PUBLIC/Pictures) i have used this same location under owncloud jail source. I have used (/media/OwnCloud) as jail destionation.
I can log in and create and upload folders to the owncloud via browser but noting gets added when i check the location (/mnt/RAID/RAID_PUBLIC/Pictures) on my network mapped share.
How do I make owncloud point to the needed location?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I have explained the proper way to have owncloud/nextcloud access an external dataset before in this forum, but I'm not sure where. I also have a YouTube video (on the nextcloud plugin) where I explain this. maybe if you search YouTube for 'nextcloud freenas plugin' you can find this.

you should not be mounting datasets to folders below /media, which is owncloud the owncloud plugin's data-directory. you should instead mount these somewhere else like '/mnt/OwnCloud', then in owncloud install the 'external storage' app. in the admin page, add a local mountpoint and give access to some or all of you users.

zemun2

Explorer
Hi Josh,

I think you are talking about nextcloud vs owncloud. I will definitely watch your youtube video since i haven't decided on which one to use.

Thanks

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hi Josh,

I think you are talking about nextcloud vs owncloud. I will definitely watch your youtube video since i haven't decided on which one to use.

Thanks
that video is on nextcloud, but the process is identical for accessing external storage.

zemun2

Explorer
Awesome. Got it.

One more question. How do i rename file from within nextcloud app?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I only use the android app, if you mean that you...
* long press file
* context menu "..."
* Rename

zemun2

Explorer
Thank you sir, much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.