OwnCloud - No Web

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmiller

Cadet
Hi All,

I have been testing FreeNas for the past few days, and decided to check out the OwnCloud plugin. The installation went without a hitch, but the included web server never seems to start. To clarify, I can't ping the OC ip address, and my browsers time-out when I "Click here to access your ownCloud!".

The process seems straightforward enough, but I can't see where I went wrong. Am I missing something simple, or have others seen this problem?

Also, when creating storage for OC, I don't see the option to create the folder under the jail tree as shown in the guide. Was this option removed, or do I just have an older version... although I downloaded it just a few days ago?

Thanks in advance,
Jim

Dusan

Guru

jimmiller

Cadet
See https://bugs.freenas.org/issues/3523. If you start the service first, that link should work just dandy.

The service was already started, and restarting it didn't solve the issue. In fact, last night I thought I may have bunged something up with OC so I started with a fresh freenas installation and implemented all the things I had learned. Still no go. Is there something I can check to troubleshoot this?

Thanks

trackstar2000

Dabbler
I am having the same issue. On my test build, it works. Now, the install goes without a hitch but when I clicked the linked, the page timeout. Can't ping it either. Let me know if you find a fix.

TS

jimmiller

Cadet
Unfortunately I never found a solution for this problem. I reinstalled Freenas a few more times with the hope that the installation was corrupted. The Owncluoud plugin installs cleanly, but I was never able to access the owncloud instance.

Just for reference, I installed this as a VM on vSphere 5.5 with 8GB RAM. The OS has a 4GB disk, while the data volume is configured with a 500GB striped ZFS volume. The CIFS share works as expected, and I couldn't find any problems or errors. I would be willing to run any tests if anyone has any suggestions, but I'm now working on a standalone Owncloud installation in a separate virtual machine.

Best of luck in your environment, I wish I had better news.

Status
Not open for further replies.