OpenVPN file access rights different from network access on NAS share problem

NightjazTNAS

Cadet
Hello, I'm a newbie to TrueNAS and its OpenVPN service. I followed this "How to Configure OpenVPN on TrueNas 12 - Setup your own Home VPN - Part 1'

I managed to get it work working. I have a NAS user called 'heaven' and is in the file pool heaven-share and has full control. If I connect to TrueNAS server through the network and map a drive to 'heaven-share' I can map the drive fine. I can create folders and files, no problem. If I have a remote client connect to TrueNAS server via OpenVPN, it also connects fine. I can even access local computer shares on the subnet. I can also map a network drive to 'heaven-share' using user 'heaven' credentials. The problem is if I create files or folders via the local network connection, the connection via OpenVPN does not see it. But, if I create files or folders via the OpenVPN connection, the network side sees it. For example,

User heaven connected via local network creates a folder 'test from network'. The remote client connected via OpenVPN as user heaven does not see it.

OpenVPN file folder access problem.jpg

1674331761523.png

As you can see anything created via OpenVPN connection can be seen locally. But, anything created locally cannot be seen via OpenVPN even though both are using the same 'heaven' user login. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

The problem here is of course any files I place it locally cannot be seen by remote VPN users. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 1674331676288.png
    1674331676288.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 71