Node-RED not in plugin list

Alecmascot

Guru

tprelog

Patron
Basically, plugins on FreeNAS use the 11.3-RELEASE, which past EOL in October. I had to pull Node-RED and most of my other plugins from FreeNAS because I can not support the various issues trying to use an expired release has caused.

On FreeNAS, you should manually create a 11.4-RELEASE jail and install Node-RED as shown in the link above.

Node-RED is still available on TrueNAS Core, which is currently using the 12.2-RELEASE for plugins.

davidjt

Dabbler
I just wanted to share my experience with trying to install Node-Red with the plugin installer in TrueNas 12 core. I kept getting an install fail when trying to set my network settings to "DHCP Autoconfigure IPv4" but would install fine using NAT. The problem was that I could not launch the plugin with the Manage button. After trying for quite a while to install the plugin manually without success, this is what worked.

Install Node-Red using the GUI plugin installer and set the network to "NAT". Once that finished, I stopped the jail and simply edited the settings to "DHCP Autoconfigure IPv4" and it worked like a charm. The plugin appears in my plugin list and I'm able to load it up with the Manage button.

I hope this will work and help anyone else having the same issue.

tprelog

Patron