Deluge is no longer available to install??

profzelonka

Explorer
Pretty odd, I installed deluge, couldn't get the plugins working so I removed the plugin (not jail but from plugins page, mind you), and went back into plugins - but it's not there anymore! Not in iXsystems or Community. Deluge literally disappeared from the Plugins (install) collection..

Is there a cache to clear or something? Tried "refresh index" button endlessly..

The Deluge plugin was removed "because it was broken". This is usually temporary; when it gets fixed it is added back.

profzelonka

Explorer
Oh, so maybe that's why plugins within Deluge wouldn't toggle on..

Thanks! Any idea how long typically before a plugin comes back?

Inxsible

Guru
Oh, so maybe that's why plugins within Deluge wouldn't toggle on..

Thanks! Any idea how long typically before a plugin comes back?
Whenever someone fixes it would be the canned response.

But you can always spin up a jail and install Deluge in that jail.

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
Yea, a bunch had to get culled because the packages were broken, or the script, etc. However we've been having folks submit fixed / new plugins to the community repo pretty regularly now. Hopefully somebody can resurrect Deluge and submit it to that repo. Usually we get it reviewed / approved in 24-48 hours :)

rexit1982

Dabbler
Yea, a bunch had to get culled because the packages were broken, or the script, etc. However we've been having folks submit fixed / new plugins to the community repo pretty regularly now. Hopefully somebody can resurrect Deluge and submit it to that repo. Usually we get it reviewed / approved in 24-48 hours :)

Is there any way to bump the bugs on the FreeBSD side? The rslsync maintainer submitted a fix to update the port to the newest version that fixed the build flag (>4gb files) issue from 2.6.3 back in January. I thought I'd try to be clever and bypass the ports system since it is a compiled binary download anyway but I'm getting a error I can't figure out. I'll toss a differnt post up, but it would be a lot cleaner using the package method.

Edit: I just saw that there was finally some action taken against that bug a few days ago, maybe getting away from ports is still an advantage from a speed perspective.

Denose16

Cadet
Is there any way to bump the bugs on the FreeBSD side? The rslsync maintainer submitted a fix to update the port to the newest version that fixed the build flag (>4gb files) issue from 2.6.3 back in January. I thought I'd try to be clever and bypass the ports system since it is a compiled binary download anyway but I'm getting a error I can't figure out. I'll toss a differnt post up, but it would be a lot cleaner using the package method.

Edit: I just saw that there was finally some action taken against that bug a few days ago, maybe getting away from ports is still an advantage from a speed perspective.

Maybe this is just me but I installed Deluge from the community tab today and it looks to be an older version as to what was available before?

The old deluge plugin installed deluge-cli 1.3.15 from packages
The community plugin installs deluge 2.0.3 from PyPi because the port/package was broken.

The port just got updated to 2.0.3 today, so it should be available to install from pkg in the next days.

Denose16

Cadet
The old deluge plugin installed deluge-cli 1.3.15 from packages
The community plugin installs deluge 2.0.3 from PyPi because the port/package was broken.

The port just got updated to 2.0.3 today, so it should be available to install from pkg in the next days.

Ah that makes sense, excellent, thank you for the info