"No entry has been found" after failed attempt to add plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziltoid

Cadet
Hello. New FreeNAS 9 RC2 install. Upon installing I went to Plugins and saw the list of three plugins that were available (Transmission, the DLNA server, and the music server). I selected Transmission and it started to install. The progress bar hung at 20% and wouldn't continue, so after 10 minutes or so I clicked the "X" on the progress dialog. Now when I go back to plugins, it shows none in the list, saying "No entry has been found."

The Collection URL on the Configuration tab hasn't changed (it's still http://test-cafe.ixsystems.com/freenas/json and I can get to it in a web browser).

In "Jails," it seems to have created a "bit1" jail with its own IP address. If I go to that IP in a browser I get the standard "It works" page, but if I go to that IP:9091/transmission/web it fails with a browser error saying it can't connect to that port. I deleted the Jail but the list of plugins will not come back. I've pressed "Refresh" many times.
Screen Shot 2013-07-27 at 11.37.56 AM.png

What might I be doing wrong here?

D

dlavigne

Please create a ticket at support.freenas.org so the devs can see if they can recreate this error. Also, is the FreeNAS system using DHCP or a static IP address?

Chris230291

Patron
Yes thats the one i have. Just to be clear i'm not really fussed about this. I downloaded and installed them manually. I just thought i'd add that i too don't have any packages appear.

beaulif

Cadet
for me i put
Network -> Global Configuration
nameserver1 8.8.8.8
nameserver1 8.8.4.4

underpickled

Contributor
for me i put
nameserver1 8.8.8.8
nameserver1 8.8.4.4
This worked for me too. Also, it fixed the "host not found" error I kept receiving for the ntp servers.

markjd

Cadet
What worked for me:
1) Changed nameservers as above.
2) Also in
I put in my default gateway IP address (address of my router)​
3) I put www before the appcafe domain name in the address. i.e. http://WWW.appcafe.org/freenas/json
4) Refreshed the plugins page a few times and VOILA!

Starius

Cadet
I'm glad I came across this thread, because this solution has worked for me too!
Used same settings as ryanf.

DavidK

Dabbler
Same problem but the solutions are not working. I am able to ping from the nas box so I think my network connection is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.