Plugins not showing up "No entry has been found"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy Olsson

Cadet
Hi,

I recently installed FreeNAS-9.2.0-RELEASE-x64 and for some reason I can't see any plugins anymore.

Right after the installation, before adding volumes I could see the plugins but not install them ( obviously because I had no volumes at this time).

After adding my volumes and setting up the FreeNAS propperly (I hope) I can't see the plugins any more, and when I try to upload a plugin it says: "An error occurred".

I'm able to ping google from the shell and I have read this post and followed all the suggestions.

What I have done is:
Setting my default gateway to my routers IP
Tried with google as my nameservers, also tried with my router as nameserver.

I'm connected to my router via DHCP, would it help to use a static IP?

I would be very grateful for any help trying to solve this problem.

warri

Guru
If you are using DHCP, you shouldn't need to set a gateway manually. Can you see any other error messages in the log outputs (/var/log/)?

Tommy Olsson

Cadet
Thanks for your reply.

If I clear the field with the default gateway and click on plugins I get the following message: You must configure a default route (Network->IPv4 Default Gateway)

I'm a severe noob when it comes to FreeBSD, only used it for about half a month a few years ago, so if you please could give me a hint where to find information on how to access the log that would be great.

All I manage to get is something like this:

[root@freenas /]# cd /var/log; ls
3ware_raid_alarms.today
pbid.log
3ware_raid_alarms.yesterday
pf.today
auth.log
ppp.log
proftpd
dmesg.today
samba
lpd-errs
security
maillog
ups.log
maillog.0.bz2
userlog
mount.today
utx.log
nginx-access.log
wtmp
nginx-access.log.0.bz2
xferlog
nginx-error.log

In which file is the information you wanted?

And sorry for my bad english, I'm a Swede...

warri

Guru
Alright, then leave the IP of your router in the gateway options. I thought it would fill it automatically, but might not be the case. If you can ping domains via shell, everything should be working.

I'm also not sure which log file would be relevant, try the command cat messages when you are in the log folder to output the contents to console.

tony wilkes

Cadet
I am getting exactly the same error messages, I can ping an external IP no problem, using the same hardware as the OP.

shackrock

Explorer
Looks like I'm in the same boat... I've tried the same and no luck, including everything in that thread... see attached.

freenassettings.png

evilandy

Dabbler
Hi,

I've had the same error all day but eventually found out whats causing it in my system and a solution to my problem so I'm posting this in case it helps. I've recently upgraded to 9.1 (due to the brilliance of PLEX).

I have a Netgear D6300 with a static IP address table where I can enter the MAC addresses.

I also have a Link Aggregated Network (lagg0) and have had a solid FreeNAS system for a long time.

One FreeNAS worked (allowed me to download plugins), the other two didn't.

After ssh'ing into my three FreeNAS and running ifconfig, I noticed that since 9.1, something happened to my lagg0 MAC addresses and they've all generated new MAC addresses not attached or based on my PCI N360T cards.

The reason why server number three worked is because I swapped out the server about two years ago and didn't re-enter the static ip and mac address. The other two mismatched and refused to load the plugins.

Took me awhile to figure this one out.

I thought I'd post though because the change in MAC addresses took me by surprise.

evilandy

Dabbler
Oh, I forgot to mention the solution, I added the new MAC addresses in my IP reservation table and everything worked.

evilandy

Dabbler
Thanks Shackrock, the MAC address trick worked for me since I'm using static IP addresses with IP reservation tables on my router.

Status
Not open for further replies.