Cannot start Plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBestIGot

Dabbler
I tried looking over old posts, but I think there has been so many changes to the software, that they don't seem relevant anymore. I cannot start the couchpotato plugin at all. The jail seems to start up and I can ping the address, but the plugin always shows as "off" and it doesn't seem to be working. Here are the things I've tried and noticed.

FreeNAS: FreeNAS-9.10.2-U1 (86c7ef5)

1. CouchPotato icon on "Installed Plugins" is greyed out & "couchpotato_1" is in red.
2. Running 'jls' doesn't show couchpotato in there at all.
3. Cannot find here the logs would be that could help me debug this.
4. IP address is definitely not being used; Even tried using different IP address.
5. Removed all storage jails.
6. Tried removing the plugin and all jails and reinstalling. It just puts me back where I was before.
7. No changes to permissions.
8. I don't see the couchpotato listed in the left column with the rest of the plugins.

What can I do to fix this in this version?

Jailer

Not strong, but bad

TheBestIGot

Dabbler
You can start by providing a full hardware manifest as outlined in the forum rules and include all plugins/jails you are currently running.

Here you go:

Build: FreeNAS-9.10.2-U1 (86c7ef5)
Platform: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU C2750 @ 2.40GHz
Memory: 16327MB
System Time: Sat Jan 28 12:16:39 EST 2017Uptime12:16PM up 15 days, 1:49, 0 users
Load Average: 0.49, 0.37, 0.37

Debug file is attached.

Attachments

• debug-freenas-20170128123629.tgz
    659.1 KB · Views: 315

TomasNZ78

Dabbler
Hi Bro
I've the same issue, Couchpotato was working fine for me but I have accidentally deleted it and after reinstall I got exactly the same issue you have. Cannot turn it on and it does not show up in the tree view and I get the similar message about not retrieving the treemenu.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Make sure you have a gateway configured and networking is fully working.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

TheBestIGot

Dabbler
Make sure you have a gateway configured and networking is fully working.

Thanks for the heads up. I found that before in other plugins and it fixed them. However, the couchpotato plugin does seem to start up, but then crashes about a minute later. I'm suspecting it is because the timeout above.
However, the Network Jail does remain started. The plugin just crashes.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
service couchpotato onestart

Try that command what is the output?

TheBestIGot

Dabbler
service couchpotato onestart

Try that command what is the output?

freenas# service couchpotato onestart
couchpotato does not exist in /etc/rc.d or the local startup
directories (/etc/ix.rc.d /usr/local/etc/rc.d)

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Looks like couchpotato isn't setup to auto start. Are you using the plugin or just a jail? You might need to use sysrc so it starts up when the jail starts.

TheBestIGot

Dabbler
Looks like couchpotato isn't setup to auto start. Are you using the plugin or just a jail? You might need to use sysrc so it starts up when the jail starts.

The jail is setup to autostart, but I can't get the plugin to start - auto or otherwise. How do I use sysrc to get the plugin to work right?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
The jail is setup to autostart, but I can't get the plugin to start - auto or otherwise. How do I use sysrc to get the plugin to work right?
I would have to look it up so I'll just let you look it up.

TheBestIGot

Dabbler

I found it, but it looks like commands to just put the plugin, in the autostart. However, if I can't start it up manually, why would this work? I found these commands, but this look almost like a full re-install. Does this look right to you?

cd /usr/local && git clone git://github.com/RuudBurger/CouchPotatoServer.git couchpotato
chown -R media:media couchpotato
cp /usr/local/couchpotato/init/freebsd /usr/local/etc/rc.d/couchpotato
chmod +x /usr/local/etc/rc.d/couchpotato
sysrc couchpotato_enable=YES
sysrc couchpotato_user=media
sysrc couchpotato_group=media
sysrc couchpotat_dir=/usr/local/couchpotato

TheBestIGot

Dabbler

I think I'm seeing what I did here. I misread the storage window and I reset permissions on the '/mnt/main' folder to blanket my storage folders. However, I discovered that the jails directory is under the main folder. So I would have changed the permissions on that folder.

I was able to install a different plugin, that works, and reviewed the permissions. They match what I have set on the other plugins, but they won't start. Is there a command line I can run to get this squared away?

I found this link (https://gist.github.com/jacobblock/4d9270c25548c65300dd) that shows what to run to do the manual installs of these plugins, but I don't want to re-install, to avoid losing data. This looks to be a very common issue, so I'm hoping that FreeNAS has provided an easy solution by now.

Please tell me this is true. :smile:

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
I think I'm seeing what I did here. I misread the storage window and I reset permissions on the '/mnt/main' folder to blanket my storage folders. However, I discovered that the jails directory is under the main folder. So I would have changed the permissions on that folder.

I was able to install a different plugin, that works, and reviewed the permissions. They match what I have set on the other plugins, but they won't start. Is there a command line I can run to get this squared away?

I found this link (https://gist.github.com/jacobblock/4d9270c25548c65300dd) that shows what to run to do the manual installs of these plugins, but I don't want to re-install, to avoid losing data. This looks to be a very common issue, so I'm hoping that FreeNAS has provided an easy solution by now.

Please tell me this is true. :smile:
If you nuked the permissions on your jail then you have to rebuild it. You can usually copy the setting directory out of the jail so rebuilding it is super easy.

TheBestIGot

Dabbler

OK ... so I did a few commands on the SSH to see how different the rights are and you *might* be correct. To restore all those settings would hurt just SO MUCH and might not be worth the frustration level that it would cause to do this.

In short .... damn it. Why is that jail directory in the root directory of the 'main'?? This just seems like such a bad idea.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
freenas# service couchpotato onestart
couchpotato does not exist in /etc/rc.d or the local startup
directories (/etc/ix.rc.d /usr/local/etc/rc.d)
I know I'm a little late to the game here but you should be running that command in your couchpotato jail not your main freenas shell.

TheBestIGot

Dabbler
I know I'm a little late to the game here but you should be running that command in your couchpotato jail not your main freenas shell.

How Is that done? I remember a command called 'jexec (number of jail from jls) start' is that right?

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
jexec jail_name or JID number csh then run the command to start couchpotato.

To list the jails by JID number type jls from the main shell.

Status
Not open for further replies.