Headphones Plugin Won't Start Inside my Download Jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louc918

Dabbler
Version 9.3

Setup: A single Jail containing the following plugins: Sabnzb, SickRage, Couchpotato and transmission is configured and working splendidly.

Issue: Once I attempt to upload Headphones 9.3.1-64, it appears to install fine. Once I attempt to fire it up, the plugin toggle switch changes to the on position, however, plugin does not start. I am not able to access the configuration page. If I refresh the plugins page in Freenas, the headphones plugin switch is back in the off position. All other plugins continue to function normally. I've tried uninstalling / reinstalling with no success. I've installed headphones in it's own jail, and it started with no issue, but I'd really like to keep it contained in the jail with my other download programs. It makes management of my vpn and kill switch simpler.

Anyone have any ideas?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
can you show the output of the following when run in your sabnzbd jail.
Code:
service headphones onestart

Louc918

Dabbler
can you show the output of the following when run in your sabnzbd jail.
Code:
service headphones onestart

It appears to start, but then the same situation with the headphones config page and the plugin toggle in the freeness UI.

Code:
Removing stale pidfile.
Starting headphones.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
It appears to start, but then the same situation with the headphones config page and the plugin toggle in the freeness UI.

Code:
Removing stale pidfile.
Starting headphones.
Hmm, likely an application level problem. Can you show the output of the following.
Code:
cat /usr/pbi/headphones-amd64/share/headphones/headphones/version.txt

Louc918

Dabbler
Looks like that file is not in that directory
Code:
root@sabnzbd_1:/ # cat /usr/pbi/headphones-amd64/share/headphones/headphones/version.txt
cat: /usr/pbi/headphones-amd64/share/headphones/headphones/version.txt: No such file or directory

But it's full of some other stuff.
Code:
root@sabnzbd_1:/usr/pbi/headphones-amd64/share/headphones/headphones # ls
.gitattributes    .travis.yml    CONTRIBUTING.md    README.md    headphones    pylintrc
.gitignore    API.md        Headphones.py    contrib        init-scripts
.pep8        CHANGELOG.md    LICENSE        data        lib

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I suggest you refresh your headphones source files to rule out any application/update issues.
Code:
rm -r /usr/pbi/headphones-amd64/share/headphones/headphones
fetch --no-verify-peer "https://github.com/rembo10/headphones/archive/master.tar.gz"
tar xzf master.tar.gz
mv headphones-master /usr/pbi/headphones-amd64/share/headphones/headphones
chown -R media:media /usr/pbi/headphones-amd64/share/headphones/headphones
rm master.tar.gz

Last edited:

Louc918

Dabbler
Problem getting files from github. Perhaps renamed / different location?

Code:
root@sabnzbd_1:/usr/pbi/headphones-amd64/share/headphones/headphones # fetch --no-verify-peer "https://github.com/rembo10/headphones/archive/master.tar.gz"
fetch: master.tar.gz: open(): No such file or directory

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Problem getting files from github. Perhaps renamed / different location?

Code:
root@sabnzbd_1:/usr/pbi/headphones-amd64/share/headphones/headphones # fetch --no-verify-peer "https://github.com/rembo10/headphones/archive/master.tar.gz"
fetch: master.tar.gz: open(): No such file or directory
Link works fine in my browser. maybe double check you can ping github.com

Louc918

Dabbler
Assuming that you meant
Code:

Then all steps were now successful. I'm not sure why I was unable to download master.tar.gz initially, but when I came back to my computer all was working fine.

Anyhow, the problem still persists. I also tried a jail restart after successfully completing the steps above.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Assuming that you meant
Code:

Then all steps were now successful. I'm not sure why I was unable to download master.tar.gz initially, but when I came back to my computer all was working fine.

Anyhow, the problem still persists. I also tried a jail restart after successfully completing the steps above.
yup, thats what I meant, my bad.

have you setup headphones (maybe you did something unallowed like it it to bond to a port <1024)? if you're OK with setting it up again you can delete it's data directory
rm -r /var/db/headphones

Louc918

Dabbler
SUCCESS!!

Thanks for your help. Now let me go figure out how to integrate this into my existing setup.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
SUCCESS!!

Thanks for your help. Now let me go figure out how to integrate this into my existing setup.
great, goodluck

Status
Not open for further replies.