Couchpotato plugin issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomasNZ78

Dabbler
Hi there
I have uninstaled my couchpotato plugin and after a new installation which show as successful I cannot turn it on. I get this message:
Couldn't retrieve http://192.168.1.6:8083/plugins/couchpotato/9/_s/status: HTTP Error 503

The plugin is not showing in the tree view in Freenas webUI at all and it takes forever for the main installed plugin window to open with the couchpotato slider in off position. Can't turn it on

Please help

D

dlavigne

Which build version of FreeNAS (from System -> Information)?

Go into the jail's shell, try starting couchpotato manually, and post any error messages.

TomasNZ78

Dabbler
Which build version of FreeNAS (from System -> Information)?

Go into the jail's shell, try starting couchpotato manually, and post any error messages.

Hi, thanks for responding to my query, I run FreeNAS-9.10.2-U1 (86c7ef5) If thst is not to much to ask could you please tell me what is the syntax of the command to start the plugin, I know very little about shell commands. Thanks

There is some good info HERE. You can adjust the instructions for your particular setup if you choose to go this route. If you only need CP you can skip the other softwares obviously.
At some point in near future I think the "plugins" are not going to be (officially) maintained any longer. The choice has been made to steer a course for docker containers. So you should at least give some thought to learning to install "plugins" manually in a jail. Its really pretty easy, and once you get all these to work you can install any BSD software ports in these jails, the same way. It basically walks you through how to set up whatever NAS related software you could want IN THE SAME JAIL, running as the SAME USER. I group mine based on uses. Trust me its the only way. Simplifies permissions, and storage mounting to the Nth degree. With that said, you will no longer have sliders and such to tell you when its on and all that fanciness. You will do all of your configuring and checking and such over SSH/jexec. But I can attest, if you follow the many different suggestions in and around this forum on this subject, you will rarely if ever, have to manually start/stop any of the "plugins". They start when you boot the machine (jail) and stop when you shut it down.

I cannot tell you anything about the plugins as they are in the GUI, as I dont use them, but if you were able to run service couchpotato start from the CP jail terminal, it will either start, or it will tell you it cant start and why. It might be as simple as the couchpotato.pid file already exists. I get that on Headphones once in a awhile for reasons unknown. But it always starts fine after I remove the stale headphones.pid file.

Also curiously, my CP runs on port 5050 not 8083. Not sure if I did that by design or not. Also, instead of this : http://192.168.1.6:8083/plugins/couchpotato/9/_s/status, you should only really need this: http://192.168.1.6:8083

TomasNZ78

Dabbler
Thanks for this! the link to the installation post is great, however it is to much for me at the moment. I would need to start form the basics and learn about the syntax and commands before I move to setting up these jails and plugins using command line - and I don't have time for this. If Freenas actually move away from supporting plugins via WebUI they will loose a lot of users who like me are comfortable with the graphical system manager but don't have enough knowledge to use command line. I might look for another NAS OS that has web/graphical UI. I only use the Freenas as my media server (plex, sickrage, transsmision, couchpotato are the only things I run) thus I don't see much of benefit of spending time to learn the commands (I'm not an IT professional) I wish they (Freenas) keep the WebUI and plugins so wider group of people can use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.