NFS Share - Clustered Storage

OzLu28

Cadet
Hey all,

I want to test out the clustered storaged on scale.

I have Truecommand v2 installed and running. I see the 3 nodes in the cluster. I created a shared storage but I cant seem to find a way to USE that storage that i just created.

I see the cluster storage in the /cluster/ folder. If i put anything in there will in sync to the other nodes?

If i was to make this a network share would i need to share that storage from one node via NFS server?

This should be simple and maybe something I am overlooking haha I have used Truenas for 10 years so. Unless its because that feature isn't ready yet :)

Thanks!

ornias

Wizard
I see the cluster storage in the /cluster/ folder. If i put anything in there will in sync to the other nodes?
Yes.
Which you could've figured out in 3 seconds by creating a test file and checking the other nodes ;-)

OzLu28

Cadet
Yes.
Which you could've figured out in 3 seconds by creating a test file and checking the other nodes ;-)

Hahah I DID say that "this should be something simple" haha Now i just need to share that mount so my other servers can see it. I use proxmox so it supports gluster.

Thanksfor the validation heh

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
As of 21.04 and 21.06, direct access via gluster is the way to use the clustered volumes.
In 21.08 and later, SMB and other mechanisms will be added.

OzLu28

Cadet
Awesome thank you for the information Morgan. Very Excited to use it!