Sneak Peek - Cluster Creation with SCALE + TrueCommand 2.0

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
My mistake - wrong combination of nodes and redundancy. I'm still new to this ;)
The UI did not give me an error message so I just assumed the cluster got created. But the ix_middleware.log was more explicit:
Code:
"error": "[EFAULT] redundancy must be greater than or equal to 1 and less than 2 for a disperse 3 volume\n

nickhechtel

Cadet
How would we actually use the created Gluster Volume? Cant seem to find any Option in the UI and the Documentation does not have any Content regarding this. So essentially we have a gluster and cant access it?

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
How would we actually use the created Gluster Volume? Cant seem to find any Option in the UI and the Documentation does not have any Content regarding this. So essentially we have a gluster and cant access it?

At this phase you install the glusterfs client to access it natively. We're working on the update now which lets you create clustered SMB shares as well, that should be coming with the update to SCALE 21.08 + TC Update

nickhechtel

Cadet
This sounds really good! Thanks for your quick reaction. I guess adding native interaction into the documentation is obsolete then :)

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
I installed 3 truenas scale systems each having a pool and now I get this error on cluster volume creation:
"[EFAULT] 3 peers must be present and connected before the ctdb shared volume can be created."
I chose 3 bricks but this error still appears. How can I fix this?

I installed 3 truenas scale systems each having a pool and now I get this error on cluster volume creation:

I chose 3 bricks but this error still appears. How can I fix this?

I cant edit the post though. So how can I connect the 3 peers? I did not find anything in the TrueCOMMAND GUI to do this?

You connect the peers as you create the clustered datasets...
I did that but I got the error from above.

1639470211317.png

1639470261481.png

Were you able to solve this issue? Im recently trying it out on my VMs in preparation of official release of SCALE, just cant really get past this part. Not sure what the issue is. :(

I reinstalled all scale nodes with the latest version and did pass it. But im not sure if it is a random error that might happen from time to time.