NextCloud Plugin gone in 11.2 RC-1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marschal

Dabbler
Hi at all,

like the title states, ist the Plugin gone for RC-1 or simply not officially available yet? If so, any hints where I can get informed about the official development of the NetCloud Plugin?
Also the new updated doc doesn't say anything about nextcloud.

upload_2018-10-19_8-42-20.png

Cheers,

marschal

JohnK

Patron
Also the new updated doc doesn't say anything about
Lack and even slow plugin support is the main reason I’ve moved NextCloud to its own Ubuntu server.

marschal

Dabbler
Thanks for your input so far.

I‘ve found this issue https://redmine.ixsystems.com/issues/44856 that says that the NextCloud Plugin was delisted due to broken underlying ports. Does anyone has an idea if there is a follow-up issue or similar and where this issue with nextcloud is covered.

JohnK said:
Lack and even slow plugin support is the main reason I’ve moved NextCloud to its own Ubuntu server.

@JohnK, thx for your input. So you are using an Ubuntu vm that is serving nextcloud?

—marschal

JohnK

Patron
Short answer is “yes”. I first installed it onto n Atom D525, onto Ubuntu 16.04 Server. Followed a very good guide I found on Digital Ocean. Once I had it running the way I wanted it, I moved it to a VM. Never had any problems since doing it.

garm

Wizard
For the record my Nextcloud jail is now over a year old and migrated from warden to iocage under FreeNAS 11.1 and are now living happily on FreeNAS 11.2-RC1. You don’t need the plugin, it’s not hard to follow the admin guide and or augmented third party guides. @danb35 ’s script to install it hands off in a standard jail is also worth looking at.

JohnK

Patron
For the record my Nextcloud jail is now over a year old and migrated from warden to iocage under FreeNAS 11.1 and are now living happily on FreeNAS 11.2-RC1. You don’t need the plugin, it’s not hard to follow the admin guide and or augmented third party guides. @danb35 ’s script to install it hands off in a standard jail is also worth looking at.
Thanks, this is good to know.

marschal

Dabbler
Basically the initial question is solved. There is a standard plugin you simply can install from the UI.

But I still have issues setting up ipv6 in my jail:
It also has „autoconfigure ipv6“ set but unfortunately my jail doesn’t gets an ipv6 address.

3c1197b1-d2c6-4c92-a42c-6578ac7562af

Jail ipv6 setting is set to
„vnet0|accept_rtac“

—marschal

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.