SOLVED Nextcloud internal server error after php and version update

Well, I've run an update via the plugin "update" button and we seem to be back now.

1705271561356.png

Nextcloud is yelling at me to update php but i guess there is no way to safely do this.

1705271736212.png

Also, I guess I should avoid this big shiny update button. Without a snapshot in place first.
As for the scripted install. I don't suppose there is a conversion kit of some kind?

victort

Guru
And do you only have one user?

If so, then I would recommend following the instructions for the script, and doing a simple cp command to move the necessary files. That would be the simplest way of going about it.

And do you only have one user?
Yeah Just me
If so, then I would recommend following the instructions for the script, and doing a simple cp command to move the necessary files. That would be the simplest way of going about it.
Happy to tinker with this. However, I use a reverse proxy pointing to my current nextcloud instance to, deal with the SSL Certs.
Is there much id need to modify for this to work?
Could I just set the domain to localhost or something?

victort

Guru
Yeah Just me
Then it shouldn’t take long to transfer the files.
Happy to tinker with this. However, I use a reverse proxy pointing to my current nextcloud instance to, deal with the SSL Certs.
Is there much id need to modify for this to work?
Could I just set the domain to localhost or something?
The script lets you set it up with no cert, or a self-signed cert, or a valid cert.
Setting it up behind a reverse proxy is simple enough as well.

Update,

Ive managed to get Nextcloud to update to the latest without further issues. I only seem to get issues if I mess with the PHP version.

1705317440530.png

I believe the growing logs are indicative of the missing php 8.1+ files. I guess I will just have to wait for the official plugin to update its PHP version.
I will tinker with the scripting version of this and see how far I can get.

But for now. The lessons are:
Take a dam snapshot before running any sort of update!
Don't mess with the PHP version unless you know what you are doing

Along with any others, people could add.

I will mark this as solved but may start a new thread if I have issues with the scripted next cloud deployment.

Thank you for all the help!

Last edited: