New NAS build ZIL drive 100% used poor performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoneyBadger

actually does care
Administrator
iXsystems
has anyone seen an issue with the Reporting on the iSCSI port doesnt show any traffic within the GUI?
No. Is there only one iSCSI port or two? Windows needs to have multipathing configured manually by device/vendor ID IIRC.

robertmehrer

Dabbler
So ive installed an H200 in another R510 and began setting up FreeNAS. When i start the freenas installer it begins to loop at initializing Controller... Do i need to flash it to the LSI firmware for FreeNAS to see it?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    28.4 KB · Views: 276

kdragon75

Wizard
Judging by the SAS2008-IR yes, you will need to flash it.

what does the SAS2008-IR mean?

IT = initiator target = what you want

IR = something about RAID = stay away

SAS2008 = chipset

Cheers,
Matt

robertmehrer

Dabbler
IT = initiator target = what you want

IR = something about RAID = stay away

SAS2008 = chipset

Cheers,
Matt

Gotcha Thanks!

Can the H200 do raid and passthrough? I have 2 SSDs installed for the OS drives and i wanted to mirror them. Is that possible with this HBA?

robertmehrer

Dabbler
This is getting annoying... when writing the empty bin file it just hangs... rebooted 3 times and attempted 3 times... Google-foo finds nothing... anything?

Attachments

• flash.PNG
    flash.PNG
    27.4 KB · Views: 296

robertmehrer

Dabbler
All, i wanted to give an update after Swapping the H700 our for an H200. We've been able to successfully seed TB's daily! Im talking 60+ TB's.... Im now at the limit of the 10Gb NIC in the FreeNAS. I'm currently doing testing on Aggregating connections to see if i can get multiple streams to eat up 20Gb of network. The beauty of this setup are the disks.. they are barely being hit with all that traffic. They are max 250MBps disks and running at about 80 with these tests.

Again thanks for the input and help! This turned out better than we expected.

Attachments

• Atto.png
    Atto.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 291
  • Disks.png
    Disks.png
    51.8 KB · Views: 260
  • Speeds.png
    Speeds.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 274

robertmehrer

Dabbler
Glad this is working out for you. Did you set it up with RAIDZ2 for resiliency, do any of the other tuning, or is this just "out of the box" performance with the reflashed H200?

I havent played with the different raid sets yet today. One of the two NAS's became available for testing and i didnt want to destory the data set until the DPaaS Team gave me the go ahead. Once thats good ill destroy the set and start messing around with it. This is Out of the box Stripe across 12 disks with the H200

Status
Not open for further replies.