New install on older Dell PC - Cannot see network or ping any addresses

SupplePigeon

Cadet
I have a PC that I am installing TrueNAS on. I can get all the way through the install and once I'm at the home screen, I manually configure my IP, but cannot communicate to anything on the network.

(while in) TrueNAS:
I manually assign the IP, the Def GW and the DNS.
I cannot ping even the GW/Router
I cannot get an address via DHCP

What I've tried:
Reinstalled OS multiple times
New Switchport
New Cable
DHCP and Manual configs
The IP Address stores correctly, the NIC is visible and can ping itself (127.0.0.1) and the assigned internal IP
Everything in IFCONFIG looks normal

What does work:
This same PC using a liveUSB (ubuntu) talks on the network just fine.
I can get an addy via DHCP, I can manually configure an address and everything works fine too.
Can ping all devices on NW, can browse web etc.
All on the same NIC, same cables, same switchport, etc.

Just as an aside (I don't know whether this is relevant to the bug I'm facing):
I had this same machine set up with FreeNAS in the past and it worked normally.
I simply "blew out" (formatted the disk) the old install and did a fresh install on the same machine with the new TrueNAS 12.0-U2.1 (current downloadable build)
The install seems perfectly normal, the config seems normal, everything looks legit. Simply no traffic being passed.

Any suggestions?

SupplePigeon

Cadet
Update: After looking at the Motherboard on this machine, it appears the NIC is Realtek. I know that there are issues with TrueNAS running on realtek so I suppose I will look at going a different route.

The interesting thing is, this exact machine was running FreeNAS then upgraded to TrueNAS before I decided to wipe it and never had an issue with this NIC.

Maybe I can find a card to throw in there that is another manufacturer.

SupplePigeon

Cadet
Just a follow up to this thread. It did all seem to stem from that NIC. I had another machine that I was able to utilize that was running a Broadcom NIC and installation / configuration all went off without a hitch.