VM on Scale cannot ping Scale IP address

lawf

Cadet
I created a Win10 and a Server 2019 VM on Scale, using VirtIO-win-0.1.204 network driver. I can ping almost everything from the VMs on the same subnet as well as other subnet (via default gateway), however, I cannot ping TrueNAS Scale itself. I have 4 NIC ports, and Scale (with an IP address configured) and both VMs are configured on the same NIC port (eno1), so they are on the same subnet. But Scale cannot ping either VM, nor either VM ping/access Scale. Does anybody have any idea why? I can provide additional info if needed.

Thanks.

lawf

Cadet
Sorry, I forgot to mention I'm running Scale 21.09-MASTER-20210918-132920. Thanks.

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Sorry, I forgot to mention I'm running Scale 21.09-MASTER-20210918-132920. Thanks.
I think you'll need to provide more info on IP addresses and subnets.. have you used any bridges etc?

lawf

Cadet
Thank you marmoset. After reading the thread you referenced and the link(s) referenced in that thread, I was able to build a bridge and have my VMs be able to network connect to the TrueNAS host.

Thanks morganL as well; but I wouldn't use bridges if I didn't even know they existed. :smile: