Need to hit CTRL+F5 from time to time in GUI after upgrade to 11.3 to show content properly

vafk

Contributor
As the post says after upgrade to 11.3 I see that I need to hit CTRL+F5 to be able to show all menu items properly. I have not seen this before and because it instantly happened to all my 3 browsers (Firefox, Chrome and IE) I suspect it could be a bug.

What happens in detail is, for instance I want to see the list of my replication tasks. It is empty. If I hit CTRL+F5 then I land in logging screen and after login I have the correct information. Then after some time the same thing happens again.

Anyone else has seen this?

Edit: Yesterday night I worked with Firefox on my VM's and this morning when I logged in again and selected VM it does not list them unless I hit CTRL+F5 which results in repeated log-in and only after this I can work on the VM. Never had problems with 11.2 like this :-(

Last edited:

andrewd

Cadet
I've seen this sort of behavior, also with the 11.3 release. It seems to be running the old version of the GUI - it was missing the snazzy graphics on the Dashboard screen, and the login page still offered the legacy UI. I'm guessing that the UI is somehow buffered on the client. You mentioned it happening on all of your browsers. Had you used all of those browsers with an earlier version?

For a while I had one system on 11.2 and one on 11.3, and I was accessing both from the same browser, so perhaps that contributed to the problem.

I've now got both systems on 11.3. I'm pretty sure I had to do a few more CTRL+F5s, but now I seem to be getting the new UI consistently.

seanm

Guru
I've seen it too. I think it's just the browser aggressively caching things.

One other thought: Make sure that your browsers are upgraded to the most current version. A version or two ago, Chrome and Firefox would not load the VMware guest consoles correctly until I upgraded to the most recent version.

I'd "aggressively" clear my cache as well.

vafk

Contributor
All browsers are latest version and cache is regularly cleaned with CCleaner. Thanks for the tips!