PSA: CTRL+F5 is your friend

Whattteva

Wizard
I'm using IPMIview 1.9 on MacOS Monterey and this is all I'm getting. It's like authetication isn't working or something. I'm trying to get to terminal.

View attachment 63144
That looks so much different from the Linux and Windows version. I had no idea they even have one for MacOS.

KevDog

Patron
There is no ipmiView for macOS - only 1.9 :(. PITA

jgreco

Resident Grinch
There is no ipmiView for macOS - only 1.9 :(. PITA

Are you certain it cannot be done? I thought there were folks who had pulled up IPMIview on Linux by cherry picking stuff out of Windows. I believe it's just Java.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
You see, this is super weird to me cause I think you were the one that actually told me that I could upgrade my X10 board to HTML5 by doing a firmware upgrade + clear browser cache.
Something something professionals learn from other's mistakes.

Whattteva

Wizard
Are you certain it cannot be done? I thought there were folks who had pulled up IPMIview on Linux by cherry picking stuff out of Windows. I believe it's just Java.
Supermicro actually offers Linux version of IPMIView on their download page. But you're right, at the end of the day, it's just Java and technically, any system with the JRE should be able to run it.

KevDog

Patron
Quick follow-up. Not that this is really going to benefit anyone. I ended up firing up my old MacBook. The old MacBook was running an older version of java in which I can open the .jnlp file directly downloaded via the browser. I ended up installing IPMIView 2.0 on my only Windows computer in the house and was able to connect through IPMI, however the console did not render at all via this method, so for my old motherboard/firmware version, this did not work.

Whattteva

Wizard
Something is probably not right with your setup. The console works just fine for me on my X10 board from 2015 with ancient 1.x firmware on the IPMIView20.

KevDog

Patron
Something is probably not right with your setup. The console works just fine for me on my X10 board from 2015 with ancient 1.x firmware on the IPMIView20.
Unfortunately I'm not sure how to troubleshoot..Sorry.