Cannot access froma main rig, but can from all others devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limbi

Cadet
Hey all, I'm experiencing a weird problem.

Everything started when I tried to set MTU size of 4088 on Freenas. The share on main rig wasn't any more accessible. Fine, I thought things get messed on freenas. When I plug the monitor on the nas, everything seemed to be fine, so I get my phone and my laptop and both can access the share. The weirdest thing is that the pc actually can find the freenas box in the net, it can see the share but cannot access the folders inside. Even worst, I cannot access the admin panel via browser from my pc but it can as usual via laptop or anywhere else. I tried to unplug my computer to test the lan connection with the laptop and it worked just fine as it did via wifi, I can access both the share and the admin panel. I tried to disable the firewall service on my pc and to restart both many times. Nothing. It pings without any drop from my client. Any idea or suggestion? I list (almost...) everything in my network, usually I always flash the latest firmware if it matters.

Nas hw: Pentium G4400, MSI C236A, Kingston DDR4 ECC 2x8GB, Intel i219-v integrated, 2 striped raidz1 3x500GB disks (going to raid10 if I get the damn thing working again)
PC hw: Xeon x5670, ASUS RIIIE, 3x8GB Crucial sport DDR3, samsung 840 ssd, Intel pro/1000 PT dual, Creative X-Fi >>this one is the problem
Laptop: Asus N550JK tuned (SSD 240GB, Intel 7260AC, Kingston 16GB Hyperx c9) >> works
Some others pcs/laptops lying around >> work
Iphone 5s >> works
TP-link smart switch 8 port gbe, Archer C2 and C7
pfsense router firewall AM1-A, 4GB ECC DDR3, Athlon 5350, Kingston V300, Intel Pro/1000 PT dual and VDSL2 100/20M connection.

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about
MTU size of 4088
Any particular reason for needed to set the MTU?
Certain NICs may not handle different MTU settings very well.
4088 is an odd MTU, so out of curiosity how did you come up with that number?

Limbi

Cadet
I don't remember why, it is a very long time ago when I choose this size, as far I recall it was a bit faster than 1500, 3000 and 9000 and something with an old Pro/1000 dual plugged to a bigger sister quad. I was going to blame you for off topic as everything else works, but I did a simple test: revert to 1500 mtu size and voilà, it is back working on my client! So... thank you, but it is a bit odd everything work end to end except this client.

Limbi

Cadet
Ah, yes, it was because it was one of the only option available in windows control panel plus 9014.

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about
Status
Not open for further replies.