Error upgrading from 11.2-U7 to 11.3-STABLE

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
"Not hurting you in any way"... - Absolutely true if you happy with jails tagged "CORRUPT" that won't start or do anything with!
As for my jails stuck on 11.2, this is incorrect - All my jails had been manually upgraded to 11.3-RELEASE-P5.

I ended up recreating all my jails once I updated my 11.2-U7 to 11-3. Gui on jail setup can't be used as it always creates errors where jail sometime starts, but shell spits the dummy complaining about root acccess *or lack thereof. If a jail start it can't be stopped using the gui.
Only way I found around these issues were to create a new iocage on another store, then force the deletion of the initial iocage pool, then revert back to create a brand new iocage on the store initially pointed to.
Then I found that previous jail processes from the deleted pool still were running resulting in further issues when creating jails on the newly created iocage.... Repeated the switch of iocage, delete the iocage pool, reboot the entire system then start over again.

Finally I have 90% of my jails up and running properly on the 11.3 upgrade - struggling with nextcloud but hopefully it will sort itself.
Good luck, I didn't have any of these issues. I just upgraded 6 jails.