[SOLVED] Dashboard blank after update/upgrade

snax

Dabbler
Hi,
If any of the developers are reading this, how do I restore an empty dashboard?

I updated two systems from 11.3-RELEASE to 11.3-U5 and then to 12.0. On one of the system, the dashboard irrecoverably broke since the 11.3-RELEASE to 11.3-U5 update and I cannot get the dashboard back no matter what I do. I was hoping that, after apply the 12.0 upgrade, the dashboard would be restore. No luck.

I have tried the following without success:
1. CTRL+F5
2. Reboots
3. Logging out/logging in
4. Different browsers: Firefox (including private browsing), Chrome and Edge
5. Deleting old boot images. In fact, I actually did this before beginning upgrades, so space was definitely not an issue

I would appreciate someone providing an actual solution or pointing me in the right direction (e.g. identifying the responsible system components/files/configuration to tinker with).

Thanks

hervon

Patron

snax

Dabbler
Searching might help. Is this your issue ?

I already searched; and what you linked to is not the subject issue -- although I do see that issue too.

When I say "dashboard," I'm very specifically referring to the "Dashboard" page of which the menu option is the very top item on the left-hand side menu strip ( i.e. https://<your_ip>/ui/dashboard ).

hervon

Patron
Oh. A guy has the same issue it seems : "If I click on Dashboard, I get an empty screen but still showing Reporting/CPU "

snax

Dabbler
The only solution suggested in that thread is resetting the NAS to default configuration. That is a general last resort solution for just about any system in existence and cannot be the only solution for TrueNAS/FreeNAS.

The people who understand the dashboard code/configuration (i.e. the developers) should understand how to reset, specifically, the dashboard configuration, rather than resetting the entire NAS configuration -- which would be a pain to reconfigure everything.

pschatz100

Guru
Actually, I think they were referring to setting the dashboard to defaults, not the entire FreeNAS system. That, indeed, would not be reasonable.

In the UI preferences, try setting a couple of different themes and the Table columns to default and see if that helps.

snax

Dabbler
Actually, I think they were referring to setting the dashboard to defaults, not the entire FreeNAS system...
Tried that and also tried "Reset All Preferences to Default" without success. I supposes, if the dev's aren't reading the forums, I'll have to open a bug report in the next day or two.

as43031

Dabbler
U need press ctrl+shift+j, next press right button mouse in refresh button in ur browser, and select last menu

snax

Dabbler
U need press ctrl+shift+j, next press right button mouse in refresh button in ur browser, and select last menu
Your instructions didn't solve my problem but it put me on the right track to discovering the cause and finally resolving the issue.

After following you instructions, I noticed (in the console log that popped up) that one of the errors said "ERROR TypeError: Cannot read property 'state' of undefined." Out of curiosity, I clicked on the first sub item and saw "..."VLAN"==e.type){var s=parseInt(n[e.state.parent]);..." I then went and looked at my list of VLANs to see what it was complaining about and noticed that I had a corrupted VLAN entry missing the IP address and parent interface. Unable to fix that VLAN entry (parent VLAN could not be selected), I simple deleted it and hard refreshed and voila! My dashboard was back.

Thank you to everyone who provided assistance to helping me resolve this issue.