Emby broken on update

zorak950

Dabbler
I'm not sure if this is an Emby problem or a TrueNAS problem; if the thread needs to move to the Emby subforum that's cool.

I updated today from 11.3-U5 to 12.0-U2 and Emby immediately broke (does not show up via the emby.media portal or using the IP admin portal). I tried rebooting into 11.3-U5 and rolling back to the pre-update snapshot of Emby; no dice. Since that didn't help I returned to 12.0-U2 and started troubleshooting, culminating in the creation of a brand new Emby jail with default settings which was broken in the same way. Now thoroughly piqued, I decided to install an instance of Plex to see what that would do. Lo, it works perfectly!

The story so far leads me to believe there's either something wrong with the way the jail configures itself or some configuration of my TrueNAS box that uniquely affects Emby. I'm only barely competent in the realm of networking and Linux, so rather than risk breaking anything further by mucking around I came here.

Last edited:

adrianwi

Guru
I think you need a newer version of emby. I had a similar problem when I upgraded from 11.3 as that was running a version of emby build for FreeBSD 11. 12.0 requires a version of emby built for FreeBSD 12.

The fix is going to depend somewhat on how you installed emby in the first place. For me it was just a case of removing the old emby package and adding the new one:

Code:
pkg remove -f https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.5.4.0/emby-server-freebsd11_4.5.4.0_amd64.txz

pkg add -f https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.5.4.0/emby-server-freebsd12_4.5.4.0_amd64.txz

I'd always take a snapshot of a jail before you do anything, although if it's not working you might be less worried about that :smile:

macki_b

Cadet
Having same problem. Cant reach my server trough the "manage" button in True Nas 12. Runing emby server 4.5.4.0_1