SOLVED Emby - New Movies Not Playable After Upgrade to TrueNAS 12

I just added a couple of new movies (MP4 format) since upgrading from FreeNAS 11.3-U5 to TrueNAS 12 (currently at TrueNAS-12.0-U2.1). Previously, I would simply copy the movies up to the SMB share from my laptop and have Emby rescan and everything would work.

Since upgrading, I can add movies and the Emby rescan would show the new movies in the list but they cannot be played. In media players the new movies are either zero byes in size on my Samsung TV or the time is zero-length with VLC.

One thing I did note is that the two new movies were owned by root in the jail (e.g., jexec) while the moves that play are owned by emby (specifically, emby:wheel). I changed ownership of the new movies to emby:wheel from root:wheel and rescanned but that does not seem to work either.

The Emby plugin version is: 4.5.4.0_1
The jail release is: 12.2-RELEASE-p1

Suggestions/ideas anyone?

Thanks!

--- EDIT ---
I forgot to add that the movies added before the upgrade are still playable. It is only the new additions that will not play.

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity

Thanks @Samuel Tai - I had replied to the thread and when it came up in my searches, I dismissed it (hanging head in shame...). I forgot that I had updated the plugin and hence ffmepg was no longer installed.

Can I blame it on a Saturday night? :rolleyes: