Emby plugin dead after upgrade to 12.0

HAXIS

Dabbler
Hi all,

Hope someone can help as I'm stumped.

I ran the update from FreeNAS 11.something to TrueNAS 12.0 stable last week, but my Emby plugin has since been completely inoperable.

It reports:
Version: 4.2.1.0_1
Plugin: emby
Release: 11.2-RELEASE-p15

I assume from what I've read that that 11.2 is the problem.

At system boot, the plugin is down. Whenever I try to Start it, it simply does nothing. I click the Update button on the plugin and it returns Error: Major ABI change detected, please run 'upgrade' instead.

A number of other users have described similar problems with Emby and other plugins, and have fixed their issues with iocage upgrade, update and/or fetch commands - but I'm having absolutely zero luck. Notably, iocage upgrade -r 12.0-RELEASE emby tells me:

[...]
Running upgrade...
emby is not running, starting jail

Command output:
emby is not running, starting jail

Command output:
etcupdate failed! Rolling back snapshot!

And at that point I haven't the foggiest idea what to try next. Help, in the simplest terms possible, would be much appreciated!

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
You can try this:
iocage upgrade -r 12.2-RELEASE emby

Restart the jail

Then in the jail console (iocage console emby), run:
pkg upgrade

Restart the jail.

You may have trouble doing any of those steps if the jail won't even start though.

You may need to boot to your 11.something version, update the jail (11.3-RELEASE in that case), then try again in 12

HAXIS

Dabbler
Thanks sretalla. Indeed it won't start at all so can't do that. :(

I've now booted back into FreeNAS-11.3-U4.1 and the Emby plugin runs again.

But when I click update, or issue any of the shell commands to attempt to upgrade the plugin's jail, I get this error: A plugin manifest matching Emby could not be found!

Any ideas?

gwaitsi

Patron
You can try this:
iocage upgrade -r 12.2-RELEASE emby

Restart the jail

Then in the jail console (iocage console emby), run:
pkg upgrade

Restart the jail.

You may have trouble doing any of those steps if the jail won't even start though.

You may need to boot to your 11.something version, update the jail (11.3-RELEASE in that case), then try again in 12
I keep getting the emby plugin failing after upgrades from 11.x and now 12.x.
I tried both plugins, and the same thing has happened.
when i run the pkg upgrade i keep getting lui script failed (same like in the gui), but now i can it says at the end

branch 12.2-release does not exist at github.freenas/iocage-plugin-emby.git
looking there, i don't see the chia plugin, so i guess there is a separate github for truenas but can't find it.

can't i simply change the pointer to get emby to upgrade, so i don't lose my setup?

sretalla