NAS build with existing harware and or cash budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about
Once I get my budget back. This was a learning experience for which I'm glad I did TBH.
Traitor!!... /Joking. ;) Glad things are going well.

Pretty much regardless of the system one would more than likely have to perform similar steps (BIOS, BMC, HBA updates). But, I *know* that you will love the model so much that you will forget all about that other brand.. :)

Jason Evans

Explorer
Traitor!!... /Joking. ;) Glad things are going well.

Pretty much regardless of the system one would more than likely have to perform similar steps (BIOS, BMC, HBA updates). But, I *know* that you will love the model so much that you will forget all about that other brand.. :)

I agree. Going through the process I think will help me with other systems. Dell's stuff is ancient compared to what I have seen on YouTube. Other's seemed a little easier. I definitely won't forget about the *other* brand :) I still intend on building something more "up to date" once I save up enough.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Once I get my budget back. This was a learning experience for which I'm glad I did TBH.

Just to be clear, I'm not really that serious, I'm teasing Mirfster. With some caveats and qualifications (as with anything), the Dell stuff is ... I can't bring myself to say "fine", so we'll just go with "sucktacular". The server platforms are very quickly evolving and it's hard to be "modern."

Jason Evans

Explorer
Just to be clear, I'm not really that serious, I'm teasing Mirfster. With some caveats and qualifications (as with anything), the Dell stuff is ... I can't bring myself to say "fine", so we'll just go with "sucktacular". The server platforms are very quickly evolving and it's hard to be "modern."

In terms of what I got, I think it will serve me fine for my time frame. Some of the other just "works" out of the box on the newer stuff. Now I say that with the biggest air quotes possible lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.