SOLVED Multiple GPU allocation

jkng88

Cadet
Hi all,

I am currently on Scale-22.02.03 have installed Plex and Tdarr through Truecharts. I am also on EPYC 7401P and Gigabyte MZ32-AR0 with 256GB of Ram.

I have installed 1 Quadro P2200 and 1 Tesla P4. I would like to check how can I fix to allocate the Tesla P4 to Tdarr and the Quadro to Plex because everytime I do a mass app update, the allocation tend to be at random.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

mervincm

Contributor
There is a recent thread here where you specify variables instead of "allocate 1 nvidia GPU" it works and you can specify a specific GPU based on its ID (although I only have 1 card so I used all)

Trying to get this set up myself. Set all the variables and ran the keylace update. I'm running a quadro p400. when i set the variables I see nothing showing up in nvidia-smi. if I revert back to the GPU allocation I see the card is used by plex, and the process shows up in nvidia-smi. Is this locked to specific cards in any way?

mervincm

Contributor
I can’t imagine it wouldn’t work with your card as that’s the generation I have. I see it used in nvidia smi and share it with plex and tdarr. I also use the Klayse patch

Okay. And these work with the Truecharts plex and tdarr apps for you?

UPDATE: went back in and set them all again, and it is working now. All I can guess is I still had a typo even though i tried three different times. Needless to say this method does appear to work.

Last edited:

AndyMcSchopf

Dabbler
I am successully using the same setup (plex and tdarr) with an P2000 (and on a second Server with an M2000) - maybe you forgot or misspelled one variable? (I needed all three variables)