MineOS Plugin updating...

I have had many issues getting the MineOS plugin to work. After a few weeks and lots of almost complete help, this is what worked for me.
I am not sure how to get it rolled into the plugin, that is for better minds

1. install MineOS 9.3.5
  2. start MineOS
jls
jexec $ /bin/csh

service mineos onestop

pkg upgrade

pkg install -y openjdk8 node8 npm-node8 python

sed -i '' -e 's|^\(command="\).*\("\)$|\1/usr/local/bin/node\2|' /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mineos
sed -i '' -e 's|^\(start_precmd="\).*\("\)$|\1export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin:/usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/bin\2|' /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mineos
sed -i '' -e 's|^\([[:space:]]*\)/.*/npm\([[:space:]].*\)$|\1CXX=c++ /usr/local/bin/npm\2|' /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mineos

service mineos oneupdate

service mineos onestart

https://fedoramagazine.org/play-minecraft-fedora/

pulpetti

Cadet
I tried this line by line but I couldn't get it working?

"jexec $ /bin/csh"
comes back with "$" not found so I assumed that was the path for the jail and I get the same message.

when I try update after the pkg install i get:

Shared object "libdl.so.1" not found, required by "libuv.so.1"

and then I cannot start the server as it has the same error?

Thanks in advanced

You were supposed to replace the "$" with the number that corresponds with the MineOS plugin when you run the jls command.

With that being said: This is a rather old thread, and those instructions were intended to upgrade the legacy Warden/PBI plugin from Java 7 to Java 8 under FreeNAS 9.10. This is probably not what you want to do.

You'll get more responses if you state what problem you are trying to solve and provide some minimal information on the FreeNAS version and hardware you're using.

Welcome to the Forums!