[FreeNAS 9 Plugin] - MineOS

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
No this is great man. Just need to mention to install Java 8. I cant use the VM stuff so plugins like this are the only way I am able to run game servers.
I'll add openjdk8 to the opening post. yeah, not sure what FN11 requires, but it would be nice to have something for those that can't update.

OneHungryPoboy

Dabbler
Hopefully I can make something nice for FreeNAS11.

Have you seen this post? It mentions a change in plugins.

https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/freenas-update-5-19-2017.54642/

and the github list of plugins
https://github.com/freenas/iocage-ix-plugins

I have no idea what those changes mean or if it helps with the issues you have run into with the version 9 plugin. I'm glad your plugin exists as I do not have the skillset to set these things up myself.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Have you seen this post? It mentions a change in plugins.

https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/freenas-update-5-19-2017.54642/

and the github list of plugins
https://github.com/freenas/iocage-ix-plugins

I have no idea what those changes mean or if it helps with the issues you have run into with the version 9 plugin. I'm glad your plugin exists as I do not have the skillset to set these things up myself.
I have not seen that. But that looks great. And I bet when I, or others have some time, yes we can make some very nifty reliable plugins with those tools.

DavidHewlett

Cadet
Pretty sure I'm missing something obvious, because I am simply not a smart person

I ran the mount command as root on my freenas, just adapted the name of the storage, which worked. All consecutive commands I ran as root inside the mineos jail, without errors.

Upon the last command however, I get the following return:

Code:
root@mineos_1:/ # start mineos
start: Command not found.
root@mineos_1:/ # service mineos start
Starting mineos.
Starting mineos daemon...
/usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/share/mineos/mineos-node/node_modules/daemonize2/lib/daemo					  nize.js:136
			throw new Error(msg.error);
			^

Error: Error: Cannot find module 'setprototypeof'
	at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:485:15)
	at Function.Module._load (module.js:437:25)
	at Module.require (module.js:513:17)
	at require (internal/module.js:11:18)
	at Object.<anonymous> (/usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/share/mineos/mineos-node/node_m					  odules/send/node_modules/http-errors/index.js:15:22)
	at Module._compile (module.js:569:30)
	at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:580:10)
	at Module.load (module.js:503:32)
	at tryModuleLoad (module.js:466:12)
	at Function.Module._load (module.js:458:3)
	at ChildProcess.<anonymous> (/usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/share/mineos/mineos-node/					  node_modules/daemonize2/lib/daemonize.js:136:19)
	at emitTwo (events.js:125:13)
	at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:213:7)
	at handleMessage (internal/child_process.js:753:14)
	at Pipe.channel.onread (internal/child_process.js:472:11)
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/mineos: WARNING: failed to start mineos
root@mineos_1:/ #

Is this a configuration error with my jail, or an internal error of the minecraft server? Was it also correct to install the java pkg inside the jail, because that command gives nothing but errors in the freenas root.

EDIT: Nevermind, I am a gigantic idiot. A second oneupdate fixed everything. Thanks for this great plugin!

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Pretty sure I'm missing something obvious, because I am simply not a smart person

I ran the mount command as root on my freenas, just adapted the name of the storage, which worked. All consecutive commands I ran as root inside the mineos jail, without errors.

Code:
root@mineos_1:/ # start mineos
start: Command not found.
Starting mineos.
/usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/share/mineos/mineos-node/node_modules/daemonize2/lib/daemo					  nize.js:136
			^

Error: Error: Cannot find module 'setprototypeof'
	at Object.<anonymous> (/usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/share/mineos/mineos-node/node_m					  odules/send/node_modules/http-errors/index.js:15:22)
	at ChildProcess.<anonymous> (/usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/share/mineos/mineos-node/					  node_modules/daemonize2/lib/daemonize.js:136:19)
root@mineos_1:/ #

Is this a configuration error with my jail, or an internal error of the minecraft server? Was it also correct to install the java pkg inside the jail, because that command gives nothing but errors in the freenas root.
yes the commands on the opening post, except for the mount command should be run in the jail. never install packages on the freenas system, only inside jails.

can you confirm what the following gives you in in the freenas command line? 'mount | grep linprocfs'
also to confirm you updated mineos according to the opening post?

OneHungryPoboy

Dabbler

EDIT: Nevermind, I am a gigantic idiot. A second oneupdate fixed everything. Thanks for this great plugin!

I had the exact same error, thank you for figuring out that running oneupdate again fixes it, that command shows 'up to date', then proceeds to add/remove/update a few packages.

mineos started fine after

Chrisdku

Cadet
I'm absolutely ripping my hair out with this. I am new to FreeNAS and want to set this up for my family to play on. I installed the plugin. Then I went to the webGUI and set up a server. It showed no profiles to install a JAR file. I went through all sorts of hoops to try and connect and couldn't via winscp. So I logged out, rebooted my machine. All of a sudden the JAR files show up to download under profiles. So I download the 1.12. I accept EULA and tell my server to run on 1.12. I click start....nothing. I click it again. It comes online then turns off three seconds later. Then nothing every time after. I then proceed to do this node update as noted in the beginning of this thread. It seemed to have updated, now I have no webGUI. I'm so lost here. Can someone help?

Won't even turn on in my plug ins now =/.

Last edited:

Chrisdku

Cadet
Found this and tried it:
"EDIT: Nevermind, I am a gigantic idiot. A second oneupdate fixed everything. Thanks for this great plugin!"

Sure enough it worked. Now my only issue is that one serve stays up, making another 1.12 server doesn't work. Stays on for maybe 3 seconds then goes down. Closer to what I want I suppose.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Found this and tried it:
"EDIT: Nevermind, I am a gigantic idiot. A second oneupdate fixed everything. Thanks for this great plugin!"

Sure enough it worked. Now my only issue is that one serve stays up, making another 1.12 server doesn't work. Stays on for maybe 3 seconds then goes down. Closer to what I want I suppose.
check the log for the server. maybe you are trying to run them on the same port?

OneHungryPoboy

Dabbler
I made the mistake of trying to update mineos again. Did a onestop, oneupdate and it will not start with the following error.
Starting mineos.
/usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/share/mineos/mineos-node/node_modules/daemonize2/lib/daemo
nize.js:136
^

Error: Error: Cannot find module 'crc'
at Object.<anonymous> (/usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/share/mineos/mineos-node/node_m
odules/express-session/index.js:17:11)
at ChildProcess.<anonymous> (/usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/share/mineos/mineos-node/
node_modules/daemonize2/lib/daemonize.js:136:19)

trying to update again state, already up to date. Although it did pop this up at random after another update attempt.

│ │ Update available 5.0.4 → 5.3.0 │ │ Run npm i -g npm to update

So I did that, it ran through the process, and I have the same error and a down mineos server.

mount | grep linprocfs in the Freenas shell gives me
linprocfs on /mnt/Server/Jails/mineos_1/usr/compat/linux/proc (linprocfs, local)

Any thoughts?

OneHungryPoboy

Dabbler
I made the mistake of trying to update mineos again. Did a onestop, oneupdate and it will not start with the following error.
Starting mineos.
/usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/share/mineos/mineos-node/node_modules/daemonize2/lib/daemo
nize.js:136
^

Error: Error: Cannot find module 'crc'
at Object.<anonymous> (/usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/share/mineos/mineos-node/node_m
odules/express-session/index.js:17:11)
at ChildProcess.<anonymous> (/usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/share/mineos/mineos-node/
node_modules/daemonize2/lib/daemonize.js:136:19)

trying to update again state, already up to date. Although it did pop this up at random after another update attempt.

│ │ Update available 5.0.4 → 5.3.0 │ │ Run npm i -g npm to update

So I did that, it ran through the process, and I have the same error and a down mineos server.

mount | grep linprocfs in the Freenas shell gives me
linprocfs on /mnt/Server/Jails/mineos_1/usr/compat/linux/proc (linprocfs, local)

Any thoughts?

Deleted plugin, reinstalled, went through steps on post 1 again and I am up and running once more.

Charlied573

Dabbler
Trying to run this under Freenas 11, and I'm pulling my hair out.

I've followed all the instructions on the main page, and other than having to pass the linprocfs command manually in the main shell (otherwise it doesn't show, even with the task... I'll hunt that down later), I get the following problem:

• the webGUI dies. Sometimes when I'm navigating, I'll notice that the progress on the status page has stopped updating. None of the buttons will work at that point, and I have to reload the jail. This also happens when I hit the logout selection; it kills the GUI every single time, and won't allow a reconnect. Same result, restart the jail.
  • I cannot create a server. Well, I can go through the motions, but the new server doesn't show, nor can I select a jar; the drop down is empty no matter what selection I make.
The second issue above smacks of a permissions problem, but unless BSD is far, far different from Linux, I'm pretty sure I've tried every permutation I know of to get things going. I've left it alone, changed ownership to the mcserver user and/or group, opened up access to the path to everyone and everything... nothing seems to help. At this point, I'm stumped. So, I'm here. :)

At this point I've blown away the plugin and reinstalled... a number of times. Hopefully someone else has had these issues, and I somehow missed the very simple solution. ;)

Relevant logfile:

Code:
{"command":"create","server_name":"test","properties":{"generate-structures":true,"difficulty":"2","gamemode":"0","server-port":"25565","server-ip":"192.168.0.240"},"level":"info","message":"[WEBUI] Received emit command from 192.168.0.108:mcserver","timestamp":"2017-07-25T09:56:45.230Z"}																										 
{"date":"Tue Jul 25 2017 04:56:45 GMT-0500 (CDT)","process":{"pid":20074,"uid":0,"gid":0,"cwd":"/","execPath":"/usr/local/bin/node","version":"v8.1.4","argv":["/usr/local/bin/node","/usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/share/mineos/mineos-node/webui.js","start"],"memoryUsage":{"rss":75431936,"heapTotal":26750976,"heapUsed":21742744,"external":338688}},"os":{"loadavg":[0.08935546875,0.244140625,0.24755859375],"uptime":40588},"trace":[{"column":18,"file":"fs.js","function":"Object.fs.readdirSync","line":909,"method":"readdirSync","native":false},{"column":17,"file":"/usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/share/mineos/mineos-node/mineos.js","function":"Object.mineos.server_pids_up","line":58,"method":"server_pids_up","native":false},{"column":27,"file":"/usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/share/mineos/mineos-node/mineos.js","function":"mineos.mc.self.property","line":1264,"method":"property","native":false},{"column":10,"file":"/usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/share/mineos/mineos-node/mineos.js","function":"self.verify","line":1531,"method":"verify","native":false},{"column":23,"file":"/usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/share/mineos/mineos-node/node_modules/async/lib/async.js","function":null,"line":760,"method":null,"native":false},{"column":37,"file":"/usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/share/mineos/mineos-node/node_modules/async/lib/async.js","function":null,"line":166,"method":null,"native":false},{"column":13,"file":"/usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/share/mineos/mineos-node/node_modules/async/lib/async.js","function":null,"line":718,"method":null,"native":false},{"column":13,"file":"/usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/share/mineos/mineos-node/node_modules/async/lib/async.js","function":"iterate","line":262,"method":null,"native":false},{"column":29,"file":"/usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/share/mineos/mineos-node/node_modules/async/lib/async.js","function":null,"line":274,"method":null,"native":false},{"column":16,"file":"/usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/share/mineos/mineos-node/node_modules/async/lib/async.js","function":null,"line":44,"method":null,"native":false}],"stack":["TypeError: path must be a string or Buffer","	at Object.fs.readdirSync (fs.js:909:18)","	at Object.mineos.server_pids_up (/usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/share/mineos/mineos-node/mineos.js:58:17)","	at mineos.mc.self.property (/usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/share/mineos/mineos-node/mineos.js:1264:27)","	at self.verify (/usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/share/mineos/mineos-node/mineos.js:1531:10)","	at /usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/share/mineos/mineos-node/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:760:23","	at /usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/share/mineos/mineos-node/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:166:37","	at /usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/share/mineos/mineos-node/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:718:13","	at iterate (/usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/share/mineos/mineos-node/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:262:13)","	at /usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/share/mineos/mineos-node/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:274:29","	at /usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/share/mineos/mineos-node/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:44:16"],"level":"error","message":"uncaughtException: path must be a string or Buffer","timestamp":"2017-07-25T09:56:45.234Z"} 

EDIT: Okay, I re-ran the initial node instructions and it worked... so I had to run them twice? Regardless, it's working for the moment...

Last edited:

SWATr

Cadet
I cannot create a server. Well, I can go through the motions, but the new server doesn't show, nor can I select a jar; the drop down is empty no matter what selection I make.

I'm having this exact problem. I tried everything multiple times, made sure everything was running and installed. I've run things twice, three times, with no luck.

I do sometimes see the jar in the drop down but upon selecting it, it disappears and a bunch of values on the UI change to exceptions.

Alix

Dabbler
On FN11.0-U4, I have followed all instructions on the OP, update npm, jdk, run the first time update commands, etc.
Code:
root@mineos_1:/ # pkg install -y npm											
Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...										
FreeBSD repository is up to date.											   
All repositories are up to date.												
Checking integrity... done (0 conflicting)									 
The most recent version of packages are already installed   

I keep getting the following errors when attempting to do oneupdate:
Code:

root@mineos_1:/ # service mineos oneupdate																						
Already up-to-date.																												
npm WARN deprecated node-uuid@1.4.8: Use uuid module instead																		
WARNING: You are likely using a version of node-tar or npm that is incompatible with this version of Node.js./mineos-amd64/share/mi
Please use either the version of npm that is bundled with Node.js, or a version of npm (> 5.5.1 or < 5.4.0) or node-tar (> 4.0.1) th
at is compatible with Node.js 9 and above.																						
/usr/local/bin/node[73469]: ../src/node_zlib.cc:437:static void node::(anonymous namespace)::ZCtx::Init(const FunctionCallbackInfo<v
8::Value> &): Assertion `args.Length() == 7 && "init(windowBits, level, memLevel, strategy, writeResult, writeCallback," " dictionar
y)"' failed.																														
 1: node::Abort(void) [/usr/local/bin/node]																						
 2: node::Assert(char const* const[4]*) [/usr/local/bin/node]																	  
 3: _ZNSt3__16vectorIPN4node14SigintWatchdogENS_9allocatorIS3_EEE21__push_back_slow_pathIRKS3_EEvOT_ [/usr/local/bin/node]		
 4: v8::internal::FunctionCallbackArguments::Call(void(*)(v8::FunctionCallbackInfo<v8::Value> const&)) [/usr/local/bin/node]		
 5: v8::internal::Isolate*<v8::internal::Object> v8::internal::Builtins::InvokeApiFunction(v8::internal::Isolate*, bool, v8::interna
l::Handle<v8::internal::HeapObject>(int, v8::internal::Object*, v8::internal::HeapObject) [/usr/local/bin/node]					
 6: v8::internal::Builtin_HandleApiCall(int, v8::internal::Object**, v8::internal::Isolate*) [/usr/local/bin/node]				
Abort trap  

Then I get the following when trying to start:
Code:
Starting mineos.																													
/usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/share/mineos/mineos-node/node_modules/daemonize2/lib/daemonize.js:136										 
		   ^																													   

Error: Error: Cannot find module 'compression'																					 
   at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:542:15)																		 
   at Function.Module._load (module.js:472:25)																					 
   at Module.require (module.js:585:17)																							
   at Object.<anonymous> (/usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/share/mineos/mineos-node/webui.js:9:19)											
   at Module._compile (module.js:641:30)																						   
   at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:652:10)																			 
   at Module.load (module.js:560:32)																							   
   at tryModuleLoad (module.js:503:12)																							 
   at Function.Module._load (module.js:495:3)																					 
   at ChildProcess.<anonymous> (/usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/share/mineos/mineos-node/node_modules/daemonize2/lib/daemonize.js:136:19)	
   at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:159:13)																						 
   at emit (internal/child_process.js:790:12)																					 
   at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:141:11)																 
   at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:180:9)																 

I verified that linprocfs is mounted as well:
Code:
[root@freenas ~]# mount | grep linprocfs										
linprocfs on /mnt/SSD/jails/mineos_1/usr/compat/linux/proc (linprocfs, local)   

Alix

Dabbler
Thank you so much!! That is a life saver!

@Joshua Parker Ruehlig This is definitely something that should be added to the OP!

EDIT: Sort-of. I have now tried running through just installing npm4 from the beginning, as well as installing npm first, deleting it, and then installing npm4. They both seem to get me to the same place, where mineos seems to be working, but I cannot create a server, like the above posts. The service ends up crashing and I'm not sure where to find logs on that. My logs show my attempt to create the new server and they cut off.

Last edited:

Jon Telfer

Dabbler
I'm kind of at a loss here and hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I'm running FreeNAS 11.1 U5 using the 9.3.5 MineOS plugin. I found the 1.13 update wasn't showing in the profiles so have run through the update code in the first post. This goes to plan until
Code:
service mineos oneupdate 
Already up-to-date. 
npm ERR! code Z_DATA_ERROR 
npm ERR! errno -3 
npm ERR! invalid distance too far back 

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in: 
npm ERR!	 /.npm/_logs/2018-07-30T19_46_07_053Z-debug.log

Which doesn't look so promising. I then can't start the server -

Code:
service mineos start 
Starting mineos. 
/usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/share/mineos/mineos-node/node_modules/daemonize2/lib/daemonize.js:136 
			^ 

Error: Error: Cannot find module 'compression' 
	at Function.Module._resolveFilename (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:581:15) 
	at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:507:25) 
	at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:637:17) 
	at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:20:18) 
	at Object.<anonymous> (/usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/share/mineos/mineos-node/webui.js:9:19) 
	at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:689:30) 
	at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:700:10) 
	at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:599:32) 
	at tryModuleLoad (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:538:12) 
	at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:530:3) 
	at ChildProcess.<anonymous> (/usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/share/mineos/mineos-node/node_modules/daemonize2/lib/daemonize.js:136:19) 
	at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:182:13) 
	at emit (internal/child_process.js:811:12) 
	at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:63:19) 

Any thoughts much appreciated. I have tried downgrading to npm4 however this package manager doesn't seem to be available any more.

jrucker2004

Cadet
I'm kind of at a loss here and hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I'm running FreeNAS 11.1 U5 using the 9.3.5 MineOS plugin. I found the 1.13 update wasn't showing in the profiles so have run through the update code in the first post. This goes to plan until
<snip>
Any thoughts much appreciated. I have tried downgrading to npm4 however this package manager doesn't seem to be available any more.
I'm having the same problem. I have been trying to find a way to manually install npm4 without using pkg, but haven't had any luck. I'm stuck starting my server via command line until we figure this out.