MineOS Plugin: Cannot connect to public IP for server, LAN works fine.

Ngkrohmer

Cadet
Hello, I'm having some trouble connecting to a mc server I set up, outside of my network. My server running TrueNAS has local ip of 10.0.0.16, and MineOS is 10.0.0.44. I was able to join the mc server locally at 10.0.0.44, so I port forwarded the ip 10.0.0.44 to port 25565 on my router, and attempted to connect to the public ip I got from running "wget -qO - http://wtfismyip.com/text" in my mineos jail, but get "Connection refused: no further information" from the mc client. I've done a fresh install of TrueNAS and the MineOS plugin a few times with no luck, so any help is appreciated lol. If I haven't mentioned any crucial info please ask. Thanks in advance!

Extra details:
TrueNAS version: 12.0-U8
MineOS release: 12.2-RELEASE-p13
MC version: 1.18.2 (I have done the java update fix already)
(To reiterate) Works fine locally, I believe I have port forwarded correctly and have the correct public ip, cannot connect to public ip. :(

The MineOS plugin uses NAT by default, your setup is non-standard. That being said, you can use an external port scanner to check if the port is indeed open, e.g. https://www.whatismyip.com/port-scanner/

Either the port forwarding isn't properly set up, or your ISP is blocking that port. In the latter case, you can try a different port.

Ngkrohmer

Cadet
The MineOS plugin uses NAT by default, your setup is non-standard. That being said, you can use an external port scanner to check if the port is indeed open, e.g. https://www.whatismyip.com/port-scanner/

Either the port forwarding isn't properly set up, or your ISP is blocking that port. In the latter case, you can try a different port.
The port scanner says, "closed , incoming traffic denied", so I guess that's the issue. Would you recommend I use NAT? Also I attempted to port forward 25566, but the port scanner still says the same, so I'm not sure what to do there.

Also, did you check that there's not some firewall rule on your router that may be at play?

I port forwarded the ip 10.0.0.44 to port 25565 on my router
Reading this again, this statement sound backwards. You need to forward port 25565 on your router to 10.0.0.44 port 25565, not the other way round.

Ngkrohmer

Cadet
Also, did you check that there's not some firewall rule on your router that may be at play?

Reading this again, this statement sound backwards. You need to forward port 25565 on your router to 10.0.0.44 port 25565, not the other way round.
I have an xfinity router and seemingly many people have had issues with portforwarding but I cannot find a solution anywhere.
My current firewall setting is as shown in the screenshot, but I will try disabling it entirely to see if that changes anything.
And yes typo on my part, forward the port to the ip with that port

Ngkrohmer

Cadet
I have an xfinity router and seemingly many people have had issues with portforwarding but I cannot find a solution anywhere.
My current firewall setting is as shown in the screenshot, but I will try disabling it entirely to see if that changes anything.
And yes typo on my part, forward the port to the ip with that port
Forgot to include the screenshot *facepalm*
C01100A8-75A7-410F-BC56-C714AF3C53C6.png