MineOS plugin install error - py37-rdiff-backup failed to install

Hello Everyone,

I am very new to both TrueNAS and MineOS. About a month ago, I installed them both and had no problem getting a MC server up and running. After attempting to get a Fabric install to work, things seem to be very messed up. Long story short, I have tried to start from scratch with a fresh install of everything. I wiped all drives and installed a fresh copy of TrueNAS-12.0-U2.1. I went to install the MineOS plugin and I get the following error...

Error: MCservers had a failure Exception: RuntimeError Message: pkg error: - py37-rdiff-backup : Refusing to fetch artifact and run post_install.sh! Partial plugin destroyed

I have found several old posts of a similar error with people runing FreeNAS. I tried their workarounds, but with the same error.

I'm at a loss

Attachments

• IMG_4692.jpg
    IMG_4692.jpg
    296.9 KB · Views: 656
This may take a while, but you can install the patched version manually via the command line by entering the following commands:

Code:
fetch https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jsegaert/iocage-plugin-index/mineos_py39/mineos.json
iocage fetch -P mineos.json -n mineos-plugin

EDIT: The patch was merged; these command are no longer needed for TrueNAS 12. If you're running FreeNAS 11.3, replace the first line with fetch https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jsegaert/iocage-my-plugins/11.4-RELEASE/mineos.json instead

EDIT: Now updated for TrueNAS-12.0-U8.1 / FreeBSD 12.3 and Python 3.9

Last edited:

Mr.Zhypo

Cadet
This may take a while, but you can install the patched version manually via the command line by entering the following commands:

Code:
fetch https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jsegaert/iocage-plugin-index/mineos_py38/mineos.json
iocage fetch -P mineos.json -n mineos-plugin nat=1

Note that this assumes you're running TrueNAS CORE 12; If you're running FreeNAS 11.3, replace the first line with fetch https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jsegaert/iocage-my-plugins/11.4-RELEASE/mineos.json instead

im new to truenas aswell by command line you mean in the shell?

If you're new to TrueNAS, I recommend you read the manual front to back to get some basic understanding.
Welcome to the Forums!

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Wild guess... by entering the commands from post #4?

My concern is that if you cannot find the command line, you're probably not ready to use it.
It seems Mr.Zhypo had no problem figuring it out.

I have the same problem as magazineYEW80 and the manual install doesn't work for me. When will the patch be done?

Welcome to the Forums! It would be useful to provide some very basic information, such as the exact version of FreeNAS or TrueNAS, any error messages you get, what specifically you already tried to overcome the issue, etc...

Pebkac03

Cadet
I'm new to truenas and I am having the same problem, does the command work like the GUI in that it creates a jail to install in or do you need to set that and/or other things up manually? I also assume nat=1 is the same as checking NAT, how would one choose dhcp instead?

Correct, it will create the jail just like it would using the webUI. I recommend to start with NAT, let it do its thing and use the WebGUI afterwards to change the network settings as you please.

To Enable better logging, have some more console output that is not put into /var/log/mineos.log, the required change to /etc/mineos.conf:
additional_logfiles = 'logs/fml-junk-earlystart.log,server.log'

with each file comma-separated and relative to the servers' directory itself.

Restarting the web-gui after each update to mineos.conf. The logging is put into the mc server log in the web-gui

Last edited:
If one is running Forge MineCraft one will not be able to start them without Java Version 8. The Patch installs version 11 of Java. Old Forge profiles for Minecraft 1.12.2, 1.14.4 needs version 8.

Check your java version.
Code:
java -version

openjdk version "11.0.10" 2021-01-19
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 11.0.10+9-1)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 11.0.10+9-1, mixed mode)

To fix that one needs to downgrade:
Code:
pkg delete -y openjdk11-jre
pkg install -y openjdk8-jre

If your jail is v12 you should also do some mounting from the host.
Code:
mount -t fdescfs null /mnt/red/iocage/jails/mineos-plugin/dev/fd
mount -t procfs null /mnt/red/iocage/jails/mineos-plugin/proc

The mounting needs to be done permanent by adding it to fstab or as a postinit script

Last edited:

banias1

Cadet
Seem path changed
Code:
fetch https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jsegaert/iocage-my-plugins/12.2-RELEASE/mineos.json iocage fetch -P mineos.json -n mineos-plugin nat=1

Earthy

Cadet
I'm looking through these posts, but I still haven't figured out where to find the command line in order to create the jail. I just need some clarification, since I couldn't find much information in the manual. (I'm running FreeNAS 11.3-U5)