Manual Migration from CORE to SCALE 21.04

LarsR

Guru
Hi Everyone,

Today I tried migrating to scale from core 12.0-U3 and wanted to share my experience as tech enthusiast but very little experience
I Exported all my pools in Core, installed Scale and the Import worked without any Issues. I was up and running within 30 Minutes.
Scale does a better job at recognizing AMD hardware as my CPU temps are finally shown correctly ( Yaaay i'm Happy).

I have 0 experience with Kubernetes, but i still got plex up and running. I only had one issue as the app did not recognize the Plex Claim Token the first try,
but i think that was my fault because i got a phone call in the middle of the setup so the 4 Minutes may welll have been over.

After remapping my Network drives I was a bit puzzled because they are all shown with 0 used space although all my files are still there.

Next on my list is getting my Pihole back up and running.

So far im very impressed with Scales' state.

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Thanks Lars, If you don't mind I will retitle the thread to " Manual Migration from CORE to SCALE 21.04". Anyone else can add their experience.

Please tell me you had a backup and rollback plan :smile:

Did you have any SMB shares.. and is it all still working?

LarsR

Guru
No I don't mind at all.

I have a Backup on an external hard drive. Nearly all Files are Movies and TV shows plus some Family Pictures.
I saved my old Core config and if it wouldn't have worked i would have simply reinstalled Core and reimported my config :rolleyes:
SMB is still working. All I did was create the same username i was using in Core, set permissions and start the smb service.
No remapping of Network drives was neccessary.