TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02.3 UPS Issues after migration from Core

jolness1

Dabbler
I moved over to Scale a few months back and was impressed with how easy it was. I had everything all prepared to fully redo all of my apps and settings but the migration seemed to work without a hitch. However, I have email alerts set up on my server and after reboots, I will get a string of emails every few minutes about the UPS not being detected and then about it being cleared. I can see the UPS via upsc typically so I am pretty sure it is working but I am a little apprehensive. I just want to make sure that my NAS does an orderly shutdown.

For some background information, I didn't change the port my UPS is hooked up to (USB), settings are identical and I have a Cyberpower 1000PFCLCD and I am using the "usbhid-ups$CP1000PFCLCD" driver. I waited for awhile because I know that Scale is still relatively new but now I am not sure if it's a systemic bug in the software or an edge case with my particular set up. If I can provide any further information please let me know. I have gone through as much information about NUT and upsc including information from FreeNAS/TrueNAS core and I am coming up empty.

Thanks in advance!

cavemankr

Cadet
I am new to using Truenas so I am no expert.

I have the 1500PFCLD and I had the exact same issue with the email every 20 minutes or so

When I queried the UPS in shell, I noticed the polling rate was set to 2 seconds.

I updated it to more reasonable 5 seconds, and no more emails regarding disconnect and reconnect.

In the UPS configuration.

set

Auxiliary Parameters (ups.conf)

pollinterval=5

This fixed the issue for me, I was pulling my hair out trying to fix this and almost returned the Cyberpower UPS.

I hope this works for you.

jolness1

Dabbler
I am new to using Truenas so I am no expert.

I have the 1500PFCLD and I had the exact same issue with the email every 20 minutes or so

When I queried the UPS in shell, I noticed the polling rate was set to 2 seconds.

I updated it to more reasonable 5 seconds, and no more emails regarding disconnect and reconnect.

In the UPS configuration.

set

Auxiliary Parameters (ups.conf)

pollinterval=5

This fixed the issue for me, I was pulling my hair out trying to fix this and almost returned the Cyberpower UPS.

I hope this works for you.
I will give that a try!
Thanks for the response.