Lost all personal data in my ZFS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
Let's go back to the beginning. What hardware is this running on (specs etc)? How many and how are the hard drives connected (sata ports, raid controller, etc)? Can we not deal with a FreeNAS VM and just stick with the server? Is the USB drive the only thing that has changed?

Mr Prince

Explorer
Let's go back to the beginning. What hardware is this running on (specs etc)? How many and how are the hard drives connected (sata ports, raid controller, etc)? Can we not deal with a FreeNAS VM and just stick with the server? Is the USB drive the only thing that has changed?

Well, problem begins in my NAS after 2 years of ZERO problems.
- Freenas version 9.1 on 8 GB kingston USB
- i3 with 8 GB RAM.
- Only 1 WD RED 2TB connected via SATA,
- No RAID

--> A week ago I can't access to FREENAS, so I go to see what happened and lots of strange messages on start appear, (very fast to read). From lasts error message it seems the USB is corrupted. So I installed freenas on other USB stick 16 GB. It start like a charm but when I import my pool all my jail folders are EMPTY and there aren't my personal folders in root path :'( END

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
Have you tried installing FreeNAS 9.1? It's possible that there are some pool changes that have come into play since that was an active build.

Mr Prince

Explorer
Have you tried installing FreeNAS 9.1? It's possible that there are some pool changes that have come into play since that was an active build.

Yes that was the first thing tried. Reinstalled the same version and auto-imported the volume, but the result is always the same... I see almost all folders but all EMPTY!!!
Ok, I resign myself about this disaster, but I want to discover the cause!!!

What's the meaning of "some pool changes that have come into play since that was an active build."?? How can I verify that?

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
Is there any chance that your original 9.1 installation was using UFS and ZFS? 9.3 and 9.10 both only use ZFS. Also, every so often, ZFS gets updated (your zpool status states that there is an update available). New versions add functionality, but are rarely backwards compatible (meaning if you update your pool while running 9.10 and then install an old version like 9.1, it's possible that the pool won't be accessible).

Mr Prince

Explorer
Is there any chance that your original 9.1 installation was using UFS and ZFS? 9.3 and 9.10 both only use ZFS. Also, every so often, ZFS gets updated (your zpool status states that there is an update available). New versions add functionality, but are rarely backwards compatible (meaning if you update your pool while running 9.10 and then install an old version like 9.1, it's possible that the pool won't be accessible).

No :( sure 200% that I always and only used ZFS filesystem!! On versions above 9.1.1 it says "update ZFS POOL" but in 9.1.1 it says nothing about update but the problem is the same!

Status
Not open for further replies.