Lms on scale

Zboard

Cadet
Hi I am going around in circles with this one, I want to run Logitech media server (lms) on my rig but I keep getting this error

Can someone please help me out with this (noob)

Attachments

• IMG_0002.jpeg
    IMG_0002.jpeg
    255.2 KB · Views: 167

Whattteva

Wizard
It's trying to change file ownerships and getting denied because it needs administrative rights.

Whattteva

Wizard
Well, I'm not familiar with Logitech Media Server and I also do not run SCALE, so I don't know how the app runs, but it looks like it may just need to be the owner of the /lms/ directory, in which case, you could try to SSH into the container and run chown -R <lms_user> /lms as root.

That's what I think you could do. Again, I'm not familiar with SCALE and the lms app, so someone more familiar with TrueCharts probably should chime in.

Zboard

Cadet
Well, I'm not familiar with Logitech Media Server and I also do not run SCALE, so I don't know how the app runs, but it looks like it may just need to be the owner of the /lms/ directory, in which case, you could try to SSH into the container and run chown -R <lms_user> /lms as root.

That's what I think you could do. Again, I'm not familiar with SCALE and the lms app, so someone more familiar with TrueCharts probably should chime in.
Thanks I will see what I can do, in the meantime I’ll keep my fingers crossed for that chap who knows scale well then. It’s making me bang my head on the desk.

chris1979

Cadet
looks like all i needed to do was change the jail onwnership. (new to me) thanks i will test it out now and let you know if it runs.

Whattteva

Wizard
Back to the drawing board still have problems with the scale app
I tried to install LMS on my testing SCALE setup and it has been stuck at deploying for days now. I also have 7 other apps that has an update available but any update attempts always fail so I'm stuck at those versions.

This is why I don't use SCALE.

sfraser131

Cadet
Hi I upgraded from Angelfish to SCALE 22.12.2 yesterday. I deleted my 3 App's QB, PLEX & LMS and removed the IX-Applications directory prior to the upgrade. After the upgrade I ran into issues other's had while trying to re-install the APP's , no config.json file found etc. I ended up downgrading to 22.12.1 which solved the missing json file issue. I then installed QB, PLEX and LMS. QB, and PLEX are working fine, but LMS is stuck in deployment . I have since upgraded to 22.12.2 I have, disabled Host Path Safety checks, but ran into the same issue prior to any SHARES being created. I have also tried to create the LMS app with out any external storage configuration specified, with a NFS mount point and specifying apps user/grp id . Each case i get the same result, stuck in deploying (over 12 hours). The LMS APP log file is empty. This is my 1st post to this forum, so I apologise if my terms are off , or I have left out important information. I am happy to respond to questions. Hardware is listed below. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Motherboard: Supermicro X8DTH
CPU's Intel Xeon CPU X5650 @ 2.67Ghz
Memory: 96G ECC
Boot: 1x Kingston 120G SSD SA400S37120G
Storage: 6x WD 4T NAS WD-WCC7K4SJYX55
Controller: LSI SAS2008 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT
File System: ZFS RAIDZ2 6 Wide
Ethernet: Intel 82576 Gigabit

jvlist

Cadet
Still no sollution? loved lms on core but on scale cant seem to deploy. Has anyone been succesful?

HerrRay

Dabbler
Still no sollution? loved lms on core but on scale cant seem to deploy. Has anyone been succesful?
I have it working successfully. I use a separate dataset for app data, added a separate user (with modifying rights for that dataset) as member of the app group, set the respective PUID and PGID for that user and group as container environment variables, as well as the timezone (variable name is TZ), configured the host path volumes for /config and /music (the latter as read-only) and it just works...

jvlist

Cadet
ok great, hmm let me check if can reproduce what you are saying. tnx for the reply