SOLVED Logitech Media Server - no DLNA / WiFi visibility?

NumberSix

Contributor
Hi
I have just installed the Logitech Media Server (LMS) plugin and it seems to have installed and be functioning correctly - almost. One weird issue, but I'll come back to that in a moment.
The main problem is it doesn't broadcast itself over DLNA / WiFi. This makes it, in effect, quite useless. Am I missing something here? By comparison, I have Plex installed and that works fine and announces itself throughout the home. Another comparison, I have LMS on a Windows machine and that works fine too. It's odd that LMS exists ported to TrueNAS yet cannot make itself known.
In case anyone questions it, the reason I'm not using Plex to send music around the home is that I have all Logitech hardware - squeeze players etc - and they want to talk to LMS only. And the other question you might ask - the Windows machine is rarely switched on, unlike TrueNAS, hence having TrueNAS be the music server would be ideal, if it was visible.
I mentioned one weird issue at the beginning. I'm sure it's not related the main problem, but for completeness I should mention it. The LMS web GUI is operating fine, indexing the music collection, and so on. The one peculiarity I notice is that it's front end will let me select an album and a track, but then fails to play it. Strange. Still, if it were visible over the wireless network I'm sure the dedicated Logitech receiver would work just fine.
Has anyone else got LMS to play from TrueNAS over their home WiFi?

NumberSix

Contributor
Just discovered the solution - I've been looking in the wrong place. If you go into LMS's own settings and navigate to 'Plugins', there's one called UPnP/DLNA Media Interface (V1.0) by Andy Grundman which installs in a click, requires no configuration and works like a charm. Thanks Andy!