Kubernetes not working after upgrade to 22.12, doesn't work on 22.04 either

TempleHasFallen

Dabbler
Due to some issues (double boot device failure), I had to do a fresh install and restore the config from backup. (not to mention having to derive a missing pool encryption key from wrapping keys :/ )

Old system was 22.02.03, was restored to a fresh 22.02.04 installation.

After restore and unlocking of datasets, apps were visible and working without an issue in 22.02.04.
Shortly after, I upgraded to 22.12. Due to an issue with my X540-T2's (not recognized/no connection status), I switched back to 22.02.04.

In 22.04, the following errors are present and apps don't load at all, seems that kubernetes is not running:

Code:
Failed to configure kubernetes cluster for Applications: [EFAULT] Docker service is not running

Failed to start kubernetes cluster for Applications: (500) Reason: Internal Server Error HTTP response headers: HTTP response body: apiserver not ready

Failed to start kubernetes cluster for Applications: Cannot connect to host 127.0.0.1:6443 ssl:default [Connection reset by peer]

Failed to start kubernetes cluster for Applications: [EFAULT] Failed to configure PV/PVCs support: Response payload is not completed

Failed to start kubernetes cluster for Applications: [EFAULT] Failed to configure PV/PVCs support: Cannot connect to host 127.0.0.1:6443 ssl:default [Connection reset by peer]

Failed to start kubernetes cluster for Applications: [EFAULT] Failed to configure PV/PVCs support: Cannot connect to host 127.0.0.1:6443 ssl:default [Connect call failed ('127.0.0.1', 6443)]

Failed to sync TRUECHARTS catalog: [EFAULT] Invalid operation: ==

1681725863717.png

I've tried:

- Unsetting applications pool, rebooting, setting it again, waiting, rebooting, waiting.
- Restarting/Starting docker service
- Restarting middlewared
- Running 22.12 - apps not working there either
- Triple checked NTP settings (time is correct)
- Triple checked Timezone
- Starting k3s (works)
- Restarting docker (fails):
1681726615005.png

Apps are not located on the boot-pool but rather on a separate pool/dataset (system dataset, NVMe).

Is the upgrade 22.02.04 --> 22.12 a one way upgrade that upgrades apps or something in the cluster?
If so, could it be reverted by restoring the ix-applications dataset from snapshot to a version where it was running on 22.02?
I'm desparately trying to avoid having to do a fresh installation, due to lots of custom apps and a massive amount of configs.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

System specs are in signature.

highkick05

Cadet
having this problem also. everytime I reboot, I have to UNSET the POOL, then SET again for it to find all my docker apps. Looks as if kubernetes is not starting correctly

highkick05

Cadet
actually, this may be a different issue. Also having random issues with dockers failing to start and docker images dissapearring.. is it just better to detele the pool and restart all over again?