Bluefin upgrade broke apps. Tried to revert and now Kubernetes fails to restart

j.lanham

Explorer
Tried to revert to prior boot environment after upgrading to Bluefin because applications won't start. On reboot to prior version, Kubernetes fails to start with following error.

Failed to start kubernetes cluster for Applications: Cannot connect to host 127.0.0.1:6443 ssl:default [Connection reset by peer]​

Anyone seen this?

j.lanham

Explorer
Restarted with the bluefin boot, and it came backup with the app not restarting again. Well, apparently this is a one way upgrade.

Daisuke

Contributor
Follow this checklist thread, I was sure you will have other issues. :smile:
This one is a new issue, probably the iptables rules are messed now, since you cannot properly revert back to Angelfish. It could also be that ix-applications dataset is messed, you could try to migrate the dataset and apps to a different pool. I would suggest to fix all issues listed into checklist thread and then upgrade to Bluefin.

This the output for my iptables in Bluefin:
Code:
# iptables -L INPUT -n --line-numbers
# Warning: iptables-legacy tables present, use iptables-legacy to see them
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
num  target     prot opt source               destination
1    KUBE-ROUTER-INPUT  all  --  0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0            /* kube-router netpol - 4IA2OSFRMVNDXBVV */
2    KUBE-ROUTER-SERVICES  all  --  0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0            /* handle traffic to IPVS service IPs in custom chain */ match-set kube-router-service-ips dst
3    KUBE-FIREWALL  all  --  0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0
4    ACCEPT     tcp  --  192.168.1.8          0.0.0.0/0            tcp dpt:6443 /* iX Custom Rule to allow access to k8s cluster from internal TrueNAS connections */
5    ACCEPT     tcp  --  127.0.0.1            0.0.0.0/0            tcp dpt:6443 /* iX Custom Rule to allow access to k8s cluster from internal TrueNAS connections */
6    DROP       tcp  --  0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0            tcp dpt:6443 /* iX Custom Rule to drop connection requests to k8s cluster from external sources */

What is your iptables output?

Last edited: