Failed to start kubernetes cluster for Applications: [EFAULT] Unable to configure node: Cannot connect to host 127.0.0.1:6443 ssl:default [Connect cal

taltamir

Dabbler
My applications are failing to load at boot up with the error message:

Error message: Failed to start kubernetes cluster for Applications: [EFAULT] Unable to configure node: Cannot connect to host 127.0.0.1:6443 ssl:default [Connect call failed ('127.0.0.1', 6443)]

Any idea what the problem is?

taltamir

Dabbler
Founds this solution on reddit

Hey yall, I just got done digging through the forums and fixed an issue. I wanted to share in case anyone else ran into the issue. I installed TureNAS Scale the other day and noticed that this morning I had no access to my apps, couldn't connect to the catalog and kubernetes had failed to start.

Error message: Failed to start kubernetes cluster for Applications: [EFAULT] Unable to configure node: Cannot connect to host 127.0.0.1:6443 ssl:default [Connect call failed ('127.0.0.1', 6443)]

What I found on the forums is that this may have been a DNS issue, truns out it was a NTP issue. while my gui showed the correct time, loading 'timedatectl' showed the time was way off. So, under system settings > general > NTP servers I added us.pool.ntp.org and set it to IBurst and prefer and I was up and running.

Im not in IT anymore but I miss that rush of problem-solving. Hope this helps anyone with a similar issue.
Didn't work right away. but I went to sleep and woke up with it working agian.

When I went to sleep the time was off by a minute from windows personal computer. which got synced to online time that same day.
when I woke up and it was working the time was no longer off