KDB: enter: panic on newbie fresh install

wallyj123

Cadet
Hey all,

I've been trying to onboard myself the past few weeks as a complete NOOB to Freenas (TrueNas). I have several spare PC's and Im trying to install the latest TrueNas (downloaded yesterday version 12.03 I think) on my Lenovo M73 mini tower, it has 8GB ram and an i5-4790. I have a plethora of spare Hdd's and just looking to use what I've got and play but I can't get past the initial boot after install.

I have used several different USB sticks and different computers for the install media and that generally goes well, I have a spare SSD I was using and switched to a spinning drive to see if that was the issue but I always end up with a proper install (I think). When I do the first boot it always ends with a "KDB ;Panic" after a few screens. I took a video to try to make sense of it since I'm such a noob, and it looks like it goes sideways only on the last page.

Ive been searching and trying in my spare time to work this out on my own for over a week in my spare time and decided it was time to reach out.

Can anyone help with this one?

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 3.27.17 PM.png

ThreeDee

Guru

wallyj123

Cadet
things to check in BIOS .. make sure your SATA controllers are set to AHCI and not RAID
Disable unnecessary "features" like sound, bluetooth, wireless lan
Disable your Realtek onboard NIC and install an Intel network card
Check for BIOS updates https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/do...3-tower-and-small-form-factor-thinkcentre-e73

Thanks for your help, nothing seemed to work with it so I switched to another spare PC, and it seemed to install no problem, now Im trying to organize sharing and moving on to learning how users work!