Kdb: enter: panic issue during truenas install

Super7800

Dabbler
I'm completely new to freenas and truenas, so perhaps I'm just making a stupid mistake.

I'm trying to install the latest version of truenas as of 2/2/21, and am getting the issue shown in my pics.

First here is my hardware:
2x 80gb wd hdd
2x 750gb Hitachi hdd
2x amd 2419 opteron cpu
8x4gb ddr2 ecc ram (32gb), two separate models
H8dmr-i2 motherboard (I think, not 100% sure)
Cheap philips 16gb flash drive (for install)
Using onboard sata, raid turned off
Using onboard vga, usb keyboard, onboard lan.
No pci cards installed.

Second here is what I've tried:
Checked all hard drives on hdd tester
Used second philips flash drive (same model)
Cpu, ram, mobo, etc assumed working since I just replaced this server with a newer one, and it has been running windows server 2012 without issue before this (different hdd though)

Third here is a screenshot of my issue:
20210202_203847.jpg

Screenshot_20210202-205548_Motion photo viewer.jpg

Could this be an issue with the flash drive or using two separate ram vendors? I plan on getting a high quality flash drive tomorrow, but I've used these exact model of flash drive from philips to install windows and Linux os without issue before. It also says it "can't find" some files. (Ses pic). Tried with a one brand new and one known good philips flash, both gave same errors.

I've read lots of stuff on this before posting here, but nothing seemed to be a solution for my specific set of errors. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Super7800

Dabbler
I got it working.

First I tried all matching ram, no luck.

Then I tried removing the second cpu and half the ram (now I only have 16gb), and it worked fine, no issues so far.

Does truenas not have multi cpu support? I was hoping to have more ram and processing power, but I suppose that for a sub 1tb storage server that's probably not needed.

Also sorry for posting a truenas question in freenas community, by the time I noticed it was already posted.

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
TrueNAS does support multi-CPU. However, flash drives are no longer recommended for installation, due to poor longevity. You'd do better with a small SSD.

Super7800

Dabbler
Huh, maybe it just doesn't support multi cpu from that generation of amd. (Socket f) or maybe it was a different cpu issue.

Also I'm installing the actual truenas install onto a mirrored 80gb hdd array, and data onto a mirrored 750gb array, only used the flash drive for the iso.